Game wardens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was young the local Game Warden had standing permission from my father to enter our land.

They once asked Dad to let them stock deer on dads farm. There were none in our area then. I was about eight years old. I was about twelve when I saw one. By the time I was eighteen dad was having a hard time keeping them out of his garden.

One of my close friends when I was growing up is a captain. He is in Kingfisher County. His older brother was a Game Warden too and has retired now. There is also another Game Warden from my home town that now has Washita County.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, unless they suspect a violation has or is taking place. Fenced with gate- reasonable expectation of privacy. As a property owner I actually told one to leave, and come back when he had a warrant. He left.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, unless they suspect a violation has or is taking place. Fenced with gate- reasonable expectation of privacy. As a property owner I actually told one to leave, and come back when he had a warrant. He left.

This is how it should be. I'm speaking strictly about personal property rights, not how well we all get along with our GW. I just don't see how they should be able to trespass on personal property, especially when it is fenced and gated, but I don't know what the law says about it.

My GW is very unfriendly and strictly business. I've only had one run in with him a few years ago. Stopped me about 4 miles after I had left my personal property deer hunting and asked for my licenses and looked in the back of my truck. I'm always legal. I tried to be friendly and have a conversation, but he barely even said Hi. I know he has lots of problems with illegal hunters, as I'm sure they all do.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is how it should be. I'm speaking strictly about personal property rights, not how well we all get along with our GW. I just don't see how they should be able to trespass on personal property, especially when it is fenced and gated, but I don't know what the law says about it.

My GW is very unfriendly and strictly business. I've only had one run in with him a few years ago. Stopped me about 4 miles after I had left my personal property deer hunting and asked for my licenses and looked in the back of my truck. I'm always legal. I tried to be friendly and have a conversation, but he barely even said Hi. I know he has lots of problems with illegal hunters, as I'm sure they all do.

Absolutely agree. I have personal friends who are GW here in Oklahoma. They have told me that they just can't go in for no reason. Law enforcement. They have to follow the laws as well. Not above the law.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive never seen one on my place here in Oklahoma except for a neighbor who is one that lives down the road. My land up in northern California though theryre all over the place all the time up there on the mountain, they dont ask to enter and I dont care anyways because they dont bother me at all, they chase away the swarms of poachers up there vigorously and thats cool with me and my neighbors. They dont even bother the pot growers next door to me, theyre just looking for poachers. Lots of bear up there.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son and I have been approached a couple of times the past few years by GW, one was on public waters in a boat and second was on county road by our truck. Both times they were easy to talk to and friendly. We had our chit together so all was good.

DNO

Latest posts

Top Bottom