George Floyd Toxicology Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever the scope of the LEO's duty, they should not be granted "superpowers" or be any more immune to legal action than a doctor or a pilot. Claiming that it's so, simply because it's a dangerous or unpleasant job isn't a reason for legal protection, it's an attempt to tug at emotional strings. Nobody got drafted into law enforcement, it's choice. Granting LEOs special protection from legal action removes rights from citizens to pursue justice in the legal system, plain and simple.

Where did you fail to read that cops can STILL be sued if a civil right was violated? And yes, I know the person suing has to prove a) the breech occurred and b) that said breech has been found to be a breech by case law. Point A is a lot easier in this day and age and point B should be able to be done thanks to the ACLU suing for millions of types of civil rights cases. Qualified immunity is not a "superpower", its a protection that allows cops to do their jobs and not get sued for it if they do their jobs lawfully.

The argument you present is just as bad as the anti-gun nuts when they talk about suing gun manufacturers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife pays for that insurance.

If I break the law (FAA regs) myself and the company I work for can be fined, and I am subject to criminal prosecution depending on the severity of the case.

Everyone pays for their insurance. My wife does too. Right out of our back pocket.
Even if employed, insurance isn’t free. The employer may offer it as as benefit but that money must be made up to pay for it. Charge the customer or reduce wages are the only option for a business to maintain the bottom line so they can stay open.
Just like Biden saying raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations is paying for their boondoggle legislation.
Corporations don’t pay extra taxes. They pass the increase into their product so the poor and middle class actually absorb and pay.
The corporate tax increase is nothing more than a hidden tax to the middle and lower class.
The dims are supposed to be the champion of the left and right, downtrodden and so on which is total BS.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And more relevant to the topic at hand, here's Nate the Lawyer on the Chauvin trial and the Felony Murder rule.

The short version is if someone dies while you're committing certain types of felonies, you can be charged with, and convicted of, felony murder, even if you didn't actually kill the person. F'rinstance, if you and a buddy commit a violent felony and your buddy gets shot and killed by a responding officer, you could be charged with (and convicted of) felony murder.

In oversimplified terms, Floyd's toxicology report may not be germane to the case--if the jury decides that Chauvin's actions were felonious, he could still be convicted of felony murder because Floyd died while Chauvin was committing a felony.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The argument you present is just as bad as the anti-gun nuts when they talk about suing gun manufacturers.
Anti-gun nuts are talking about suing manufacturers for actions taken by others. Getting rid of qualified immunity is about making people be held responsible for their own actions. Those two positions are about as opposite as you can get.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And more relevant to the topic at hand, here's Nate the Lawyer on the Chauvin trial and the Felony Murder rule.

The short version is if someone dies while you're committing certain types of felonies, you can be charged with, and convicted of, felony murder, even if you didn't actually kill the person. F'rinstance, if you and a buddy commit a violent felony and your buddy gets shot and killed by a responding officer, you could be charged with (and convicted of) felony murder.

In oversimplified terms, Floyd's toxicology report may not be germane to the case--if the jury decides that Chauvin's actions were felonious, he could still be convicted of felony murder because Floyd died while Chauvin was committing a felony.

(devil's advocate again) What if George Floyd was committing a felony during this event? How do we apportion blame in that case?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see where Chauvin committed a felony. He was operating under the rules of his department and the law. He was not committing a felony at any point during the altercation. This whole mess wouldn’t be happening had Floyd not been breaking the law. Furthermore it wouldn’t have happened it Floyd wouldn’t have resisted. His two passengers didn’t resist and guess what? Nothing happened to them. They were even yelling at Floyd to stop. But yet the other eye witnesses were yelling at Chauvin. But that’s what blacks are taught today. They are taught that police are the enemy ( especially racist white cops) so it’s no wonder the crowd was yelling at the police rather than the thug criminal who was resisting arrest. Then after the whole incident was over the same onlookers wanted to destroy the business that called the police on Floyd. Anything to blame others rather than Floyd. Chauvin did not commit murder and he didn’t commit manslaughter. End of story. I just hope the jury does the right thing. They are probably afraid to it find him guilty of something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom