Getting in with oil capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I called up oil capital one day, and although its been awhile I'm pretty sure the membership was by invitation only and was also pretty expensive annual membership.

I grew up in BA but just now moving back after getting out of the service. Anyone that shoots there mind PM'ming me some info on joining? thanks

atrain08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked into it not too long ago, and it seems like i remember it being several hundred dollars for the membership. It was out of my budget range I remember that.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
memberships are around $1200 now (they can vary) with annual dues. total number of memberships is capped at 800 i think someone said but don't hold me to that number. anyway, as of the other day all memberships had been sold and there was a waiting list. when you quit club, your initial buy in, the $1200, comes back to you.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
memberships are around $1200 now (they can vary) with annual dues. total number of memberships is capped at 800 i think someone said but don't hold me to that number. anyway, as of the other day all memberships had been sold and there was a waiting list. when you quit club, your initial buy in, the $1200, comes back to you.

Above info is correct. The wait list is pretty short right now; 1-2. Sales price of about $1225 includes dues of $125 for 2010. Buy-in price does fluctuate some, maybe +/- $100 at this time.

odie1

Marksman
Reaction score
What Buzzdraw states is correct. $125 annual fee. Last time I saw in the news letter is was $1100 by in. Cap is 800 members.

For what its worth, I have been a member for approx 8 years, and I bought in at around $700.....might have been $750, so the price slowly goes up....

A couple of folks I know have been put on the waiting list and didn't wait long, maybe a couple of weeks. There seems to be a constant turn over.

It is nice to be able to go and shoot eveyday, take a guest if desired, ect, for no additional costs.

And since I normally shoot on weekdays.... work weekends... there are rarley more than 1 or 2 other people there.... and its a BIG place....4 seperate pistole ranges....

Its a nice place. That being said, I have also heard very good things about Red Castle and Happy Hollow. I'm sure, that like Oil Capital, 99% of the folks you meet there are great..... of course there's always that 1%...even at OCRGC.

Odie1

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also forgot,

If you should decide to leave, you get approx 90% of the sale price of you membership

Odie1
There is currently a $100 transfer fee, which is traditionally paid by the seller. As the value of membership goes up, the % amount of transfer fee effectively diminishes.

The buy-in price increases are related to the strength of the local economy. When it is robust, the cost to buy in goes up more quickly.

I was a member of the committee that wrote Oil Capital's current membership related bylaws. For several years, I headed the committee that deals with sales of memberships. Currently I am a director, heading various committees and serving on others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom