Gradual realization.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post is spot on with the description of OSA these days. A thread about bullchit like cornbread or toilet paper gets hundreds of views and MULTIPLE pages of replies, but something posted in a shooting or hunting section gets viewed and commented on by the same half dozen or 10 members.
This place is starting to look more like Oklahoma FACEBOOK than Oklahoma Shooters. :rolleyes2
Some of us don't have the guns, the time, the money, or the ability, to do much more than talk about them. When I retired from the PD, my gun money and interest went toward the family. Gun technology and usage left me in the dark. I'm so far behind the curve on guns and gun technology now I can't afford to get back into the game. My general knowledge of guns is all I have. When yous'e guys start talking about silencers, gas blocks, red dots, and all the acronyms, I'm done.

Since I was an alarm technician and always working with a tool belt or in a bank or a church, or on Air Force property, I had no opportunity to carry a gun. Our office was at the Wichita Airport and I was always on the tarmac so I couldn't carry there either. Believe me, when I retired, I walked tilted for about a year until my body got used to not having that four-pound weight on my hip. Then I replaced it with a 20 pound tool bag for another twenty years. Ugh.

Now, after being out of that trade, I'm once again waaaaay behind the technology curve in those systems. When I started in the trade, I was schooled on Softwarehouse CCURE 500, now it is CCURE 9000.

That is my reason for not participating in the gun threads.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of us don't have the guns, the time, the money, or the ability, to do much more than talk about them. When I retired from the PD, my gun money and interest went toward the family. Gun technology and usage left me in the dark. I'm so far behind the curve on guns and gun technology now I can't afford to get back into the game. My general knowledge of guns is all I have. When yous'e guys start talking about silencers, gas blocks, red dots, and all the acronyms, I'm done.

Since I was an alarm technician and always working with a tool belt or in a bank or a church, or on Air Force property, I had no opportunity to carry a gun. Our office was at the Wichita Airport and I was always on the tarmac so I couldn't carry there either. Believe me, when I retired, I walked tilted for about a year until my body got used to not having that four-pound weight on my hip. Then I replaced it with a 20 pound tool bag for another twenty years. Ugh.

Now, after being out of that trade, I'm once again waaaaay behind the technology curve in those systems. When I started in the trade, I was schooled on Softwarehouse CCURE 500, now it is CCURE 9000.

That is my reason for not participating in the gun threads.
I never believed it was true, but according this post, I guess you really can’t teach an old dog a new trick. :anyone:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a great place. I have enjoyed it since it started. It has some roller coaster moments. But great gents with lots knowledge about every type of gun made.

Just sometimes you have to wade through the bull **** from time to time. I have met and made friends from here close to 20 years.

Some of the bull **** is funny, some I just pass on by!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple months ago, I joined an online group of outdoorsmen/gun enthusiasts/shooters in a statewide web page. Thinking I would garner advice, wisdom and a bit of entertainment from some CRACKSHOTS around my area/state... Turns out I was partially correct. Mostly i have realized, crackSHOTS and crackPOTS are quite often in the same circles..... For evidence of this read multiple post, most recent about cornbread, and all around okie cartridges..... with this realization I have decided that although I think most here could benefit from some mental treatment.....I have found a great place to s0end some time, and get some information. HOWEVER, I must say that yall better keep yer hands off my yellow, green and purple crayons.... those are my favorite flavors and I will fight for my continued ability to put them up my own nose.... GET YER OWN! 🤣🤣. Thanks for the info and laughs to this point gang. Looking forward to another more. Have a great day, God bless.
Was the reference to crackpots referring to the pot the cornbread was to be cooked in? Surely you don't mean some of the members.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry, you're in good company here!

0de201c103bcde9d0d682b5d45750cdf2a738421_full.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom