Gruen Precision - 21 Jewel - Full Video Finally Completed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was finally able to finish the video of my second 'Budget Vintage Rebuild' watch. It's a really cool Gruen Precision I picked up on eBay for $20. While not an expensive watch at all, the movement was well done, and is keeping great time now after it got a full service. I'm pretty proud of this project . If you like these types of videos, I'd really like to get your thoughts on this next one!

This is the watch that made an appearance a few days ago on the now infamous OSA - 'Which Watch Are You Wearing Today' thread.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be watching it tomorrow.
Sweet. I'm really proud of how both the watch and the video turned out. I realized after uploading the video that the very last shots of the finished watch were out of sync, and it completely drove me mad. I'm taking the video down and did a quick 2 second fix, and will have to re-upload. It is re-rendering right now and I'll get the corrected video uploaded ASAP. I watched the full video before uploading and completely missed that very last section where the shots of the finished watch were about 2 seconds out of sync with the background footage! My OCD would not allow me to keep it that way, haha! Once the new video is uploaded I'll update the link in my original post.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t go to any trouble if it’s more than clicking on a few options, but thanks.
Actually it wasn't anything more than just clicking on a few options. I can't vouch for the word-for-word accuracy of the auto-generated subtitles, but they seem close enough. Apparently I say 'um' a lot between words. I'll need to work on that.

Close captions have now been enabled for the video. I appreciate the suggestion.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually it wasn't anything more than just clicking on a few options. I can't vouch for the word-for-word accuracy of the auto-generated subtitles, but they seem close enough. Apparently I say 'um' a lot between words. I'll need to work on that.

Close captions have now been enabled for the video. I appreciate the suggestion.

I looked at the first few minutes, and the CC is working well. I can follow your commentary quite easily. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom