Girls got em an incubator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nd
Find someone with a plucker machine. Much easier. Our feed store in town used to do one for a buck each and it was worth it. Messing with those pin feathers sucks.
When I was a kid we killed, scalded, plucked, singed and cleaned 200 one Saturday. At 50 cents a pound for frozen leg quarters, I don't care if I NEVER kill another chicken to eat. If I think about it I can still smell the stench of scalded and burning feathers!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get that predator eradicated or get your enclosure more secure? You mayve said already but I remember you having a problem once upon a time.
So far so good. The neighborhood is getting built up, so with that comes less habitat I think. Also used a bunch of poultry netting overhead, as well as solar motion detecting lights around the perimeter. So far so good

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid we killed, scalded, plucked, singed and cleaned 200 one Saturday. At 50 cents a pound for frozen leg quarters, I don't care if I NEVER kill another chicken to eat. If I think about it I can still smell the stench of scalded and burning feathers!

That was why I called for butchering the chickens. By the time they got done, the daughters wouldn’t want chickens anymore and cowcatcher could move them along to a more appealing hobby?

Latest posts

Top Bottom