Glock 26 or XDs 9mm for carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It's kind of apples and oranges. The Glock 26 and the XD sub compact are closer in size. The Glock 36 and the XDs in 45acp are closer. Having owned all of these I carry the XDs.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is or was a video on youtube by Hitchcock ???? comparing these guns. good amt of info.

i like them both and do not believe you can go wrong with either. the glock sits lower in your hand which i think is a good thing for rapid fire. i happen to shoot xds more accurate than glocks.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember holding the XD subcompact and remember it being heavy for that small of a pistol. I am going to try and rent both the G26 and XDs-9 tomorrow at 2A and see which one I shoot better with and like more. Side by side by side I may like my XDs .45 better. We will see.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might also check out the m&p 9c. Im havent shot it yet, ivce fondled it at the gun store and have to say it felt pretty good in the hand. about the same size as the g26.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been able to carry the 26 the way that I have wanted. I have stuck with the Kahr CM9 which I love IWB all day long with no issues. My 26 sits in the safe waiting for range trips

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I smarted off with my smart mouth earlier but did not throw my two cents in on the topic: The answer is: G26.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would take the 26 just for the capacity. It still has a nice short grip that will conceal nicely under a shirt. A little extra thickness is no big deal to me for IWB. It is a valid concern for a pocket gun though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom