Glock 29 is Mine!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Safety isn't the issue, it's more "functional" I guess is a good way to put it, it's more about building up excess crud in the chamber using .40 S&W. If I were to go shooting with both kinds in my bag, I'd shoot 10mm first, then maybe go with .40, but not the other way around. I would never do it in say a 1911, but I do think it's fine in a Glock. But yeah, it's better all around to just get a conversion barrel, I think.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All true. I would have thought it would cause problems as well but I have a HI PO friend that shoots both in his G20 with no issues. But I think the same way you do and would rather have another barrel if I did it very much.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pricing conversion barrels for 10mm to .40 I see they go for $120-$150 or so nowdays. Not that big of a deal to be able to shoot cheaper ammo for range fodder. It would pay for itself in about 1,500 rounds...or two range trips! (Lol). Okay, maybe a few more than that but it certainly wouldn’t take long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lone Wolf had a cheap line of barrels and they also had an Alpha Wolfe which were nicer. They discontinued the old line and replaced them with some better ones that are now made in the USA. They still have a few of the original left at a discount if you can find one to fit your gun. The old cheap ones is the only ones I have any experience with but plan to buy a new one soon.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a Gen 4 G29, 10mm, with Factory Night Sights late last week from GT Distributors and picked it up from the good folks at Sooner State Pawn (North) this morning. My ammo order from SG Ammo also came pretty early in the day so I scooted down to the range and lemme tell you; I flat dig this little hand cannon! I can only say: “Where has this thing been all my life?” Now, I’ve shot plenty of big bore handguns before, but Glock created a winner with the 29, oh yes they did! A damn fine shooting little fist full of pure handgun power; yessiree! But, it is surprisingly controllable, especially when you consider it is quite small for what you can wring out of it. I was actually surprised that this pistol didn’t kick my butt anymore than it did in terms of felt recoil. I can’t wait to shoot it at night, the flame thrower effect with full power factory loads was pretty cool. Now, of the powerful pistols I’ve had the pleasure to shoot, this G29 ranks right up there with the best of them. As soon as I got her home, I did a field strip, inspection, initial clean and lube, then loaded her up for range session numero uno. I have to say that I was surprised to find that the trigger breaks clean right at 5.0 lbs on my gauge and I measured it several times to make sure I got it right. Yep; 5.0 lbs in a stock, right out of the box Glock. I am very pleased to find and now be able to report that this pistol has the absolute best stock trigger in a striker fired gun that I’ve ever felt. It has the (dot) connector in it; formerly known as the (minus) connector, I do believe. The reset is pure Glock; authoritative and precise. I really liked everything about this gun’s trigger. Now I’m not saying it was 1911 like; not at all. It is a striker fired gun and try as you might, it will never be a 1911. But if you like striker fired guns, you would like this pistol’s trigger. Anyway, all I did was to drip a drop of oil under the connector per Glock’s instructions then focused on the front sight and pressed the trigger straight to the rear. No .25 cent trigger job; no changing out of parts or springs at all. But from shot number 1 on, I about broke my face from smiling! If you peeps have not had the pleasure of shooting a really powerful thumper of a handgun, then I urge you to do so at your earliest convenience! I had entertained the thought of getting a conversion barrel for it to allow me to cleanly shoot .40s&w Ammo but now that I’ve shot it as it was intended to be shot, I think not. The 10mm FMJ is only a buck or 5 more than .40, and shooting 10mm is way more fun. If you are recoil sensitive, this is probably not the pistol for you. But if you like having this kind of big-beast-killin’ hard hittin’ moose-shootin’ handgun on your hip, then ladies and gentlemen, please let me recommend the Gen 4 Glock 29 with enthusiasm. Now for some pics; some of the gun itself, and some in comparison with my Glock 19 and my Glock 43. Pic # 3 is a comparison of the business end of my 43 compared to that of the 29; check out the hefty thickness of the 29's barrel. Holy Cow.
66e7148b802b2fbfaca2641ddee599aa.jpg
3bfd8ad7377aada0ec7429e28aceca3b.jpg
01b7f5e2aaf081cb1e636871bb826cf4.jpg
4b188001ab9cc37632414ac9622c0285.jpg
7c86d289f1c63782e8501bf177071439.jpg
w

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! What's the mag capacity?

Sorry; should have mentioned that early on; it's 10. The G29 mags hold 10 rounds. Of course, I am going to scurry out and about tomorrow and hopefully get a couple of Glock 20 15-round mags for it. She will probably enjoy her fair share of nightstand dutyl. I am now faced with the dilemma of which pistol to carry; I normally have that little G43 on me, and I have a very nice Gen 4 G19, but I am enamored of this 29 right now...so, we shall see. Then there's a few others in my safe that clamor for attention, but they are mostly fun guns, for range trips lately.