Glock is going full retard.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If I'm on the way through I certainly will. Be a fun shoot.
We have about a mile visibility here today with the wind. Elevation won't make any difference. Your only 2K higher than us.

Im hoping the altitude difference will wear you out physically and you won’t be able to finish the challenge. 🤣

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am surprised that not even the fanboys figured out why it took them so long to bring it here.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh… @CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin will you please explain to him again why the 380 Glocks weren’t originally imported to the USA…
It is real simple, because the 380 is far more popular in other countries than the US, but it slowly gaining popularity on here. Heck most European countries wanted the 380 as the NATO standard pistol round.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is real simple, because the 380 is far more popular in other countries than the US, but it slowly gaining popularity on here. Heck most European countries wanted the 380 as the NATO standard pistol round.
That's because most of them are limp wristed and can't handle real ammo.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not real simple. The GCA was hard on Saturday Night Specials of which alot were 380s. They didn't meet import regulations. They still don't.

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
factoring.jpg

These models are over two decades old but were forbidden from import due to criteria on the GCA. They're not new at all. Just new to the US market.
The G28 is a Glock 26 sized 380, and the G25 is a Glock 19 sized 380.

Glock 25: The Glock 25 , introduced in 1995, is a blowback derivative of the compact (102 mm (4.0 in) barrel) Glock 19. The magazine capacity is 15 rounds. Standard fixed sight elevation is 6.9 mm, unlike the 6.5 mm elevation used for the 9Ă—19mm models.

Glock 28: The Glock 28 , introduced in 1997, is a blowback derivative of the subcompact (87 mm (3.4 in) barrel) Glock 26. The standard magazine capacity is 10 rounds, but the 15-round Glock 25 magazine will function in the Glock 28. Standard fixed-sight elevation is 6.9 mm, unlike the 6.5 mm elevation used for the 9Ă—19mm Parabellum models.
Prove me wrong and I'll gladly drop it.
These are going to be hugely popular in GSSF (although officially under the current 2023 GSSF rules they aren't allowed).

Last edited:

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/goodbye-glock-why-us-government-banned-these-pistols-182947

While it is easy to understand why the Glock 18 is banned, it isn't as clear with the Glock 25 and Glock 28—but this comes down to the Gun Control Act of 1968, which set new criteria for the importation of guns. The then-newly created Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) created a point system to determine whether a handgun could be imported into the United States. The points are awarded based on criteria that include the length, height, weight, construction, safety, features, sight, grips and caliber.

The Glock 25 fell short in the points system. It was actually created for the South American market, where civilians could not carry military caliber weapons. The Glock 25, along with the Glock 28, is chambered for the .380 caliber round, which makes it perfectly legal in South America, yet at the same time illegal to import to the United States market.

Where it gets slightly more confusing is that while the Glock 25 was banned for civilian sales, it was still legal to import for law enforcement and military sales. So it is possible to legally purchase a used Glock 25 or possibly Glock 28 that was bought by a law enforcement agency that has since sold them off. But that is a stretch and probably not worth the bother when a Glock 26, 27, or 33 are similar and do the job just as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom