Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will Glock ever offer a manual safety? It's all that keeps me from owning one. If I were in LE, it certainly makes sense.
I wonder if Glock may be missing a certain segment of the market. They are so highly rated I just want one. Never have held
or fired one to feel that magic and it's bugging me.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Gaston Glock was requested by military and LEO authorities to design a gun without a manual safety.
Seems there were too many wrong shootings because people thought manual safeties were on when they weren't, or weren't when they were.

I'm getting this from a book called America's Gun:
https://a.co/d/9YzyGOg
I'm old and could be remembering wrong.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No amount of safeties will overcome poor training and gun handling habits. I know you apparently like a manual safety on a gun but there's simply no need on a Glock. They're popular with LE precisely because they DON'T have a manual safety. How long have you been shooting revolvers without manual safeties?

Glocks have 3 safeties and are likely one of the safest guns in the world...unlike some Sigs with manual safeties that are known to fire while holstered without any input from the shooter. Which would you rather have?

Find one you can shoot. If you like it, get one. If you don't, don't get one.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have made some for military contracts but unlike Sig, have never offered them for civilian sale. While not a replacement for a thumb safety, you might want to look into the "striker control device" or NY1 trigger spring to see if either of them interest you.

Otherwise, the Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 guns are great, and come with a thumb safety option, which is why I personally went with M&P over Glock for a couple purchases.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Otherwise, the Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 guns are great, and come with a thumb safety option, which is why I personally went with M&P over Glock for a couple purchases."

It's my current CC. .45.
Just never could get over a loaded Glock, and others, in single action, being in someone else's hands.
That scenario shouldn't happen but...............

Latest posts

Top Bottom