Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And we've all seen this. Doubt this would have happened with thumb safety. At least you could set it while dancing. It's what I do.
watch

Think so? Explain this one then. Guy with a 1911, with a thumb safety, shoots himself in the leg.

These videos are illustrative of poor safety habits and possibly a lack of training, not unsafe guns. You're confusing these things. In your video and mine neither gun would've fired if the knuckleheads handling them had kept their finger off the trigger.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Primary safety is trigger finger. I shot the big GSSF match at the gun club today. Hundreds of Glocks all around. Only Glocks. They were all safe. We all raced them against each other all day long. There will be thousands more safely racing tomorrow and Sunday.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Otherwise, the Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 guns are great, and come with a thumb safety option, which is why I personally went with M&P over Glock for a couple purchases."

It's my current CC. .45.
Just never could get over a loaded Glock, and others, in single action, being in someone else's hands.
That scenario shouldn't happen but...............

You obviously don't understand the mechanics of how the Glock action works, my friend. It's not single action. And you're letting your Fudd show by not trusting others to handle and carry guns you don't like and don't understand.

When you thumb down the safety on a single action like a 1911 and you're gripping the gun so the grip safety is deactivated, the gun is ready to fire with just about 5 or so pounds of pressure on average. If you stop pressing the trigger on that gun it won't fire but it's not safe until you remove your finger from the trigger and thumb the safety up.

When you begin to pull the longer, more deliberate trigger on a Glock you're overcoming 3 safeties in sequence: First is the trigger safety, second is the firing pin block safety and the third is the drop safety. If you pull that trigger all the way to the point of any more rearward travel would make the gun fire, but decide to not fire, when you release pressure from the trigger all of those safeties are reactivated in sequence rendering the gun mechanically safe.

It's not a safety issue you have. It's a training issue you have.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say just buy one for christs sake. Keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. Don’t point it at anything you do not intend to shoot, and treat every weapon as if it were loaded, and not only will you be fine, you’ll find out that you have been missing out on some fine firearms with horrible triggers. No matter, cause once you find the right one, you’re gonna shoot it like a pro.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks have 3 mechanical safeties. How many do you want? How many is enough?

I've never been a fan of Glock solely because of the ergos and am a M&P & HK fanboy. With that said, my many M&Ps have never included the thumb safety, nor do any of my HKs, both striker fired and hammer fired.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every Glock has a "manual" safety.

stare-finger.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom