Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So funny that the subject of Glock and Safeties come up periodically.

When will people finally accept the definition of Perfection? Perfection is simply Perfection!

Exactly! Regardless of how many times it's changed.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headed to H&H for a burger today. I think I'll do a touch and feel to see what the ergonomics are. If they will switch it to safe mode. Then to Sooner before the rain.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. You asked for it. It's that 6lb. pull without a thumb safety that gets me. But yes. They are fine guns.
watch
Unfortunately, a lot of our fellow gun enthusiasts recommend glocks to new shooters...I never do this because of the safety thing. The wife also prefers a manual safety unless it is on a double action gun. She can shoot a glock well, but won't carry one or even use for bedside.

I agree that the safety option would open glock up to new markets. However, they just are not meant for the avg person...they are a combat/LEO pistol first, and they know their intended market.

All I can offer is that I (based on my research) am confident a glock won't go off unless the trigger is pulled. They are drop safe and the same can't be said for various other pistols even including some that can go off even with the safety engaged! To me it comes down to if the owner is responsible enough and trained enough to handle and carry a glock. A LOT of revolvers were in the hands of women and new shooters for years without manual safeties. The trigger is heavier, but the concept is the same. Can you keep it away from kids? Are you responsible enough to own/carry a gun with no manual safety?

Hope this helps :)

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's nothing at all wrong with wanting, or even requiring, a manual safety on a gun you're going to carry or use for defense.

But that safety will not replace following the 4 basic safety rules and training with your gun.

Glock pistols don't need a manual safety. If you're not comfortable with a gun without a manual safety, and you don't want to train yourself enough to become comfortable with a gun without a manual safety, get something else. Then again, if you're not willing to get trained/train yourself well enough to use a gun without a manual safety, you're probably not willing to get the training to use any gun safely. Maybe you should get something other than a gun.

New shooters all over the world, every day, get a Glock as their first carry gun. They're called "recruits" or "trainees". There's nothing magic about police gun training. As a matter of fact, in many places, it's inferior to the training civilians can get.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headed to H&H for a burger today. I think I'll do a touch and feel to see what the ergonomics are. If they will switch it to safe mode. Then to Sooner before the rain.

Go get a 5" piece of 1x2. Slightly round the edges. Glock ergonomics...

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Confused Joe Biden - 8v6Z3YyULB5Q0Skbac.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom