Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing that freaks me out about the trigger only external safeties is reholstering. I'm always concerned with a shirt tail, flannel, zipper, etc bridging that gap while holstering and there goes the pinky toe!:yikes2: Even though I'm super conscious about deliberate reholstering all it takes is a slight complacency till your nickname changes to 9 toes! Even though I have had (boat accident) glocks and m&p, I mostly carry my Springfield since the palm safety is just another backup guard against AD while reholstering. But I'm just weird like that, just ask the misses...:grumble:

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing that freaks me out about the trigger only external safeties is reholstering. I'm always concerned with a shirt tail, flannel, zipper, etc bridging that gap while holstering and there goes the pinky toe!:yikes2: Even though I'm super conscious about deliberate reholstering all it takes is a slight complacency till your nickname changes to 9 toes! Even though I have had (boat accident) glocks and m&p, I mostly carry my Springfield since the palm safety is just another backup guard against AD while reholstering. But I'm just weird like that, just ask the misses...:grumble:
How does a grip safety guard against a ND while holstering? What do you do, line the muzzle up with the holster opening and drop it?
If you're worried about holstering accidents with your Glocks, might I suggest a striker control device. I installed one on my edc for the reasons you stated, and I'll never go back. It won't stop the gun from firing under those conditions, but it does give positive feedback so that you can feel the rearword movement of the striker and stop trying to stuff the gun past an obstruction in the trigger guard.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does a grip safety guard against a ND while holstering? What do you do, line the muzzle up with the holster opening and drop it?
If you're worried about holstering accidents with your Glocks, might I suggest a striker control device. I installed one on my edc for the reasons you stated, and I'll never go back. It won't stop the gun from firing under those conditions, but it does give positive feedback so that you can feel the rearword movement of the striker and stop trying to stuff the gun past an obstruction in the trigger guard.
On the xds mod 2 I just grip sides when reholstering or I drop the web of my hand below as to not depress grip safety. My richard beaters are big enough to still have total control of pistol and not press grip safety. Weird, I know, but I'm partial to meez pinky toes! I'll check out the striker thing you mentioned. 👍

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would your carry gun be in a location where someone could grab it?
Because sometimes you gotta make sure everybody in Wal-Mart sees your fresh new Uncle Mikes Holster.

1698257043336.png

And why would I unload my carry gun at the end of every day?

So that you can scrub it down with some WD-40 and practice sending the slide home on a round afterwards. Gets Barb all riled up with my male prowess and it ensures my first round down the tube flies faster than the rest of the mag. My chambered round actually looks like a wadcutter now, so I am practically jason bourne.

1698257370161.png

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was always told keep my booger hook off the bang switch

With a Glock it really has nothing to do with your booger hook,,,
Perhaps the most famous accidental discharge of a Glock,,,
Was that sheriff who shot himself in a gun store,,,
It was all caught on the store's video.

He holstered the pistol and caught his jacket waist cord in the trigger,,,
Blew a nice hole in his leg as he holstered the gun.

Glocks I've shot had such a gentle trigger pull,,,
I'm not certain I would have noticed that bit of resistance.

Glocks are very well performing pistols,,,
But it's entirely that lack of a thumb safety that keeps me from owning one.

Aarond

P.S. My personal preference is an external hammer DA/SA preferably with a decocker.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a Glock it really has nothing to do with your booger hook,,,
Perhaps the most famous accidental discharge of a Glock,,,
Was that sheriff who shot himself in a gun store,,,
It was all caught on the store's video.

He holstered the pistol and caught his jacket waist cord in the trigger,,,
Blew a nice hole in his leg as he holstered the gun.

Glocks I've shot had such a gentle trigger pull,,,
I'm not certain I would have noticed that bit of resistance.

Glocks are very well performing pistols,,,
But it's entirely that lack of a thumb safety that keeps me from owning one.

Aarond

P.S. My personal preference is an external hammer DA/SA preferably with a decocker.

Same thing that happened to the NFL player 12-15yrs ago. Caught trigger on a hoodie string.

Latest posts

Top Bottom