Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
already have one, hence why i keep a handcuff key on my keyring. draw, stick the key in, unlock, put keys back in pocket, acquire sight picture, fire.

View attachment 423575

Haaaaaaa!
Youuuuuuuuuu are going to make some of these peeps pee pee in their pants or spew Cheerios and Coffee! I love humor!

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is that the Glock has safety features in the firing mechanism. Which is good in that it will only fire when the trigger is pulled. However if one wants it to not fire in any scenario, [trigger pulled], it needs a thumb safety that halts and disables the firing mechanism. This from a FUDD.

No...it doesn't need a thumb safety. Your desire and preference for a thumb safety does not equal a need for a safety on Glock pistols.

I agree with the FUDD part, though.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youre very welcome. I did a little digging to find it. I have heard rumors of such a thing, but never saw anything like it. The Taiwanese cross bolt safety is especially odd to me.

There was a company back in the mid to late 2000s who made something very similar. Might be the same outfit. I doubt there's much call for those.

I've never seen that Taiwan-style safety, though.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is that the Glock has safety features in the firing mechanism. Which is good in that it will only fire when the trigger is pulled. However if one wants it to not fire in any scenario, [trigger pulled], it needs a thumb safety that halts and disables the firing mechanism. This from a FUDD.

The Glock doesn’t need anything. PERFECTION it is!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I already brought up revolvers. I didn't get an answer as to why they don't "need" a safety.
They do need a safety, because safety is the first rule of firearms.

Safety First GIF by myLAB Box

There was a company back in the mid to late 2000s who made something very similar. Might be the same outfit. I doubt there's much call for those.

I've never seen that Taiwan-style safety, though.
I kinda want to ask them how sales are, but I don't wanna hit a nerve.

Isn't the crossbolt weird?? I just can't imagine using it on a handgun. I dunno.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks have 3 mechanical safeties. How many do you want? How many is enough?

I've never been a fan of Glock solely because of the ergos and am a M&P & HK fanboy. With that said, my many M&Ps have never included the thumb safety, nor do any of my HKs, both striker fired and hammer fired.
Well said. I have the HK P2000SK w/decocker also and like it. That DA pull is stout enough that even FBI or DEA agents won't shoot anyone unintentionally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom