Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. Mines gonna have a thumb safety, firing pin safety, drop safety, transfer bar, hammer block safety, trigger safety and an ambidextrous safety.

Oh, gotcha! Hopefully it'll even fire after all that safeness has been added!

anim_coffee.gif

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. Mines gonna have a thumb safety, firing pin safety, drop safety, transfer bar, hammer block safety, trigger safety and an ambidextrous safety.
Will this impressive selection of safeties require a specific sequence to render this weapon Condition (0)?

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing. Regarding that mind set of a 'trained brain' being the first safety. That's a 'good start'.
But when that fails we rely on other means such as mechanical safeties.
See this video again. His famous words.
"I'm the only one in this room professional enough to carry a Glock 40".
Here we have a trained professional and he fails to use that first safety. While not even under duress.
My first post was to suggest Glock might increase market share by offering a thumb safety. It could be designed so that it would require a bit of effort to engage. Then one would have a reliable option and
not be concerned with it moving around.
watch

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what makes you think he would have used a secondary safety?
He had the option. Especially if doing a show and tell in a classroom of kids. I know that guy is the exception and stupid for everything in that video but there are more like him that don't think. That guy just wanted to show off his Glock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom