Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to invent a revolver with a manual safety just to level the playing field.

Too late...

20190522_155043.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Primary safety is trigger finger. I shot the big GSSF match at the gun club today. Hundreds of Glocks all around. Only Glocks. They were all safe. We all raced them against each other all day long. There will be thousands more safely racing tomorrow and Sunday.
No, the primary safety is that brain mass between ones ears. Once you get gun safety ingrained into that mass, the finger becomes the second level of safety.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread was fun to read through! At first I thought OP might be trolling… but I guess not

Tip of the hat to OKcorgi and Holechit for their excellent comedy, commentary, and info here

I currently own 5 glocks. I like them and I’m accurate with them. If they had manual safeties I wouldn’t own them… I hate manual safeties

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread was fun to read through! At first I thought OP might be trolling… but I guess not

Tip of the hat to OKcorgi and Holechit for their excellent comedy, commentary, and info here

I currently own 5 glocks. I like them and I’m accurate with them. If they had manual safeties I wouldn’t own them… I hate manual safeties
Top Gear Love GIF by MotorTrend

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Totally agree.
I have many Glocks and love the the fact that they have three internal safeties and I don’t have to switch a lever to fire any of them.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A manual safety on a self defense gun can get you killed. If you carry a MS gun you MUST practice drawing that pistol and clicking the safety off until it’s a non conscious action. I don’t know how many people come to my class with a manual safety gun and the first time they try to pull the trigger I hear “oops, forgot the safety” and I say “too late, you’re dead”. As an instructor I will tell you:1) Carry a gun. 2) Carry a gun without a manual safety, but if you insist on one, practice removing that safety as you draw. 3) Carry a round in the chamber. 4) Practice safety until you’re blue in the face.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "Glocks don't need manual safeties" argument has always struck me the same as arguing "My car doesn't need seat belts or airbags, because it won't run into a tree by itself." 😄
Do you have a switch in your car to get those things to work? Or disable them if you like?
I’m glad I don’t have to manually activate airbags etc if I want them to work. Same deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom