Glock's-manual safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thai Thumb Safety continued:

1698260067924.png

1698260077214.png

SAFE Position:
1698260106975.png

FIRE Position:
1698260122566.png

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would your carry gun be in a location where someone could grab it? And why would I unload my carry gun at the end of every day?
Some do, I have seen people walking around in store like wally world not paying attention to who was near their strong side, and carrying a firearm. I have known of officer leaving their handgun in the bathroom in a store. A safety might keep some dumb ash from shooting it.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are fine guns. And are safe as long as someone who does not know better grabs one by the trigger.
Drop proof for sure. If one unloads their EDC every day, at the end of the day, there is little reason for concern. But not everyone does. I'm not slamming Glocks. With a thumb safety like a Shield has, almost flush and fairly stiff, one has the option of either position.
I'm just suggesting there is a market for Glocks with a thumb safety.
glock-has-problem-gun-owners-cant-seem-forget-163395
No firearm is stupid proof. Hence the rules of handling firearms. Use a freaking holster and keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would your carry gun be in a location where someone could grab it? And why would I unload my carry gun at the end of every day?
Because maybe you’re an idiot that doesn’t use a holster and grabs firearms by the trigger… and won’t use a safe if around idiots with easy access to your firearm?

(I’m not calling ok corgi an idiot, just answering who would be the answer to his questions)

Last edited:

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is that the Glock has safety features in the firing mechanism. Which is good in that it will only fire when the trigger is pulled. However if one wants it to not fire in any scenario, [trigger pulled], it needs a thumb safety that halts and disables the firing mechanism. This from a FUDD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom