Going to Austin in a couple of days for a short stay . Any issues with CC there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Austin is a bit of a different place from Tx as a whole😁😁 Suppose CC there could be also?
We Oklahoma, has a reciprocity, agreement on CC carry an they have open carry. Is the open carry only for Texas residents? Tell me all you know about carrying in general there.
Thanks😁

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was warned about the 'Posting' at the door of any establishment that sells alcohol.
It tells you if it is legal or not to enter with a hand gun based on the percentage of their
sales that include alcohol. Very strange but was cautioned because it includes convenience stores.
Weird.

edit; and some restaurants

from the web;
The restriction on carrying a firearm in bars in Texas doesn’t just refer to traditional bars. It also applies to an establishment that earns more than half of its revenue from alcohol-related sales and consumption. In Texas, this is known as the 51 percent rule. In other words, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission considers an establishment a “bar” if it makes 51 percent of its income/revenue from the sale of alcoholic beverages.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t open carry, but I definitely wouldn’t open carry in Austin. I carry IWB at 4 o’clock or appendix, and I’m confident I can carry anywhere without anyone knowing.

If you intend to carry OWB with a paddle holster, position it at 4-5 o’clock and wear a big shirt untucked. You should be fine.

Concealed carrying is only hard if you make it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t open carry, but I definitely wouldn’t open carry in Austin. I carry IWB at 4 o’clock or appendix, and I’m confident I can carry anywhere without anyone knowing.

If you intend to carry OWB with a paddle holster, position it at 4-5 o’clock and wear a big shirt untucked. You should be fine.

Concealed carrying is only hard if you make it.
I wear a T shirt tucked and a Hawaiian untucked. No problem carrying a full sized 45 OWB at 4 or 5 o'clock. IWB gun does not chafe or rub on my skin. Just an option. OWB carriers be careful when going through narrow doors and car doors. Smack! Oh, my new grips!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom