Going to try again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chewed for 10 years or so......just decided to quit one day. Finished the roll of Skoal I had and just never bought anymore. Somehow it worked. But I still want it from time to time . Good luck . You can do it!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you @kwaynem and yes God help your family. :pms2: I dipped Copenhagen, Skoal and chewed RedMan for years. After many many attempts to quit it finally stuck. I tried patches, hypnosis and anything I could but nothing seemed to work.
What finally worked for me was plainly not giving up. I just kept at it until it finally stuck and have been tobacco free for the past 30 years. It was the hardest thing I ever did but the most rewarding, health wise and for my family.
You have my support and prayers for what you are about to do. Good luck and don’t give up.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first week is misery.I was constantly wanting a dip.I told myself if I could go one week with out Copenhagen or skoal I was never going to put myself through that kind of torture again.I chewed red man for several years but quitting it was a piece of cake.Just tell yourself once you quit no matter how bad of a day you have you are not going to dip.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first week is misery.I was constantly wanting a dip.I told myself if I could go one week with out Copenhagen or skoal I was never going to put myself through that kind of torture again.I chewed red man for several years but quitting it was a piece of cake.Just tell yourself once you quit no matter how bad of a day you have you are not going to dip.

Swallow some of stuff rather than spitting it out. Do that as long as you can. Then, when you quit puking your guts out, maybe you won’t want anymore of it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, eventually you t won’t need to spit....I’ve known many people who could dip with out spitting
This. I don't spit! It's a nasty habit. If someone leaves their spitcup in my truck....they're gonna be wearing it. I think I told this in the last thread that Kwaynem is talking about........I learned not to spit in school cuz the teachers told us we could dip if we wouldn't spit. Challenge accepted. Been doing it 20yrs now. Give it hell @kwaynem !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. I don't spit! It's a nasty habit. If someone leaves their spitcup in my truck....they're gonna be wearing it. I think I told this in the last thread that Kwaynem is talking about........I learned not to spit in school cuz the teachers told us we could dip if we wouldn't spit. Challenge accepted. Been doing it 20yrs now. Give it hell @kwaynem !

Bet ya never had worms either!

Latest posts

Top Bottom