Gold Rush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No i've never mined before. I guess i just expect them to be rollin in it since they're on tv. The show just leaves me unsatisfied. I fail in my own personal life enough. I want to see these guys win big. Its a vicarious thing. So you don't care that it's scripted?

Not really. I mainly like to see the new equipment that they come up with on the show. Some I've heard about but never seen in action. Like the new derocker that Fred is using on his claim. That's cool. You could run alot of material across that. The tailings that pile up though would be hard to deal with just like Fred is finding out. The Hoffmans hydraulic sluice, I knew that would be a disaster for them. Those things are hard enough to run. You really need an onsite mining engineer to keep them fine tuned. From the preview they showed for next week it looks like the Hoffmans will be using a Goldtron cleanup jig. I've seen one of the older models in use and they are cool. Looks like the Hoffmans have the newest model. Looking forward to seeing that in operation.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
found a blog for the guy one the first season. the one with the little kids, he tells all about the DNR people just off camera,the bear shooting,getting into trouble for the log's using the sawmill, and how he was asked not to return .

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously??? I thought they where real people, chasing a real dream...damn producers. I was pulling for the Hoffman crew and now find out its fake...

I'm still pulling for the Hoffman crew. I just wonder what buffoonery the producers have lined up for them next week.....

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe that they are just actors who are being paid to look like fools and lose their shirts. If they were, then they should be getting million $ paydays and winning the Oscar for being such good actors since they all appear to be doing a bang up job of getting poor and making wrong decisions.

I mean obviously the show's producers are editing content and presenting a view that they wish to show, but to say that the events and dialogue are mostly pre-written and contrived? That's what everyone who ends up getting kicked off of a show like Jake from Top Shot and Dorsey from last season's Gold Rush wants us to believe. That way they don't end up looking like the absolute pathetic morons that they really are.

If anything, I'd say that the payment they get for filming the show is the only thing keeping them going and if left to their own devices, they'd have been down the river a long time ago. Natural selection would have taught them a valuable gold mining lesson and they wouldn't be financially capable of showing us that they are idiots for a second time in a row.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate "reality" tv. What happened to creativity on tv? Let's go film some crappy job, make it seem WAY more exciting than it really is, then put it on TV and people will watch it!

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was sort of into this series until I was watching a TMZ middle of this past week and they filmed Todd Hoffman walking into a Morton's Steakhouse in LA. If he can afford to dine at Morton's in LA he either found a load of gold by the end of this last mining season or he's making enough off the TV show itself that he really doesn't even need to look for gold. I now believe it's the latter, so I'm done with this series.

Latest posts

Top Bottom