OKC Gun Show Feb/March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OKC Fair Ground shows are a rip off, except for Claude Hall. The 1 I attended was sooooo much better than the other 2 shows.

The Wannemacher show in Tulsa is worth the trip. Dallas would the closest comparative. All others are very much like Lawton. Wichita Falls WAS good, it has fallen off in the last year. Chickasha, Ada, Shawnee were decent, more like the best Lawton show ever had.

I have a problem with most shows, coming from Houston, even the Tulsa show is small. Since the shortages and skyrocketed prices of Odumbo years, most shows are disappointing. Promoters greed, charging outrageous admission prices and "dealers" ridiculous pricing; gun shows may become extinct in the not-so-distant future. Regardless of what Congress does.
Are you saying Houston has larger shows than
1707078653341.gif
???

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying Houston has larger shows than View attachment 450858???
When a show fills the Astrodome, Tulsa doesn't compare.
Show moved to the convention center, so there was space expand.
Tulsa doesn't fill the floor. Houston was 3 floors. Same convention center the NRA Convention used 2 floors.

After moving from Houston, 20 years ago, going to the typical, small, local shows and hearing all the hoopla and hype of Wanenmacher, I was unimpressed.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OKC Fair Ground shows are a rip off, except for Claude Hall. The 1 I attended was sooooo much better than the other 2 shows.

The Wannemacher show in Tulsa is worth the trip. Dallas would the closest comparative. All others are very much like Lawton. Wichita Falls WAS good, it has fallen off in the last year. Chickasha, Ada, Shawnee were decent, more like the best Lawton show ever had.

I have a problem with most shows, coming from Houston, even the Tulsa show is small. Since the shortages and skyrocketed prices of Odumbo years, most shows are disappointing. Promoters greed, charging outrageous admission prices and "dealers" ridiculous pricing; gun shows may become extinct in the not-so-distant future. Regardless of what Congress does.
It does seem that a lot of dealers at shows don't seem too interested in actually selling anything.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa doesn't fill the floor. Houston was 3 floors. Same convention center the NRA Convention used 2 floors.

After moving from Houston, 20 years ago, going to the typical, small, local shows and hearing all the hoopla and hype of Wanenmacher, I was unimpressed.
Gotta agree, went to one in the Astrohall in the late '80's it was YUGE!

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What’s that show’s Website, so I can get their schedule?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Isn’t the size of the show determined by tables? I think Tulsa has > 4500 tables. So, Houston’s current shows are like 6-7000 tables?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s that show’s Website, so I can get their schedule?

It was promoted by Texas Weapons Collectors. It may be a different promoter. I haven't been in a few years.

Should be listed on Texas Gun Shows and possibly, George R Brown Gun Shows. The BIG show was around 4th of July weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom