Golo - Anyone here on Golo weight loss program?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I have acquired this rare disease, I have to be careful about the things I ingest and the places I go.

How does it work?

Do you take pills?

Inquiring minds...

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know anything about it and was curious what it was. This won’t answer your specific question but on the subject of weight loss. I’d really let myself go and when I got to the point where I had to hold my breath to tie my shoes I knew something had to give. My daughter is a Registered Dietitian and told me “Dad, don’t try and change everything at once.” All I did (at her direction) was keep my added sugars under 17g a day and switched to mostly whole grain bread(s). Lost 52 pounds in six months. Good luck and prayers for success in whatever you do.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t know much about it. A quick read sounds a lot like the Trim Healthy Mamma diet/eating plan my wife has done for a long time. I can tell you for her that eating worked for weight loss until it didn’t. As my doc told me if weight loss is your goal it’s hard as hell. Your body’s chemical balance fights you tooth and nail on loosing weight

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the golo supplement or whatever they want to call it. It did nothing for me. Didn't drop a pound after using a 90 day plan. Waste of money.

Their plan says take the pill, but wait for it......... you have to change your diet, they have menu recommendations and you have to exercise daily.

So the pills are worthless, a placebo. You want to lose weight it's all about math. Burn more calories than you consume.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't waste money on pills, exercise, supplements or low fat items. Exercise is good for you but don't count on it to lose weight.

There's an easier way. Keto/keto-vore/carnivore diet. Cut the sugar, veg oils, grains (whole or otherwise), pasta, eliminate most fruits and eat only low carb vegs (mostly cruciferous vegs). Cut the carbs to as low as possible - under 20 grams per day or better. Don't count calories though.

I am no longer diabetic, and have lost 50 lbs. BTW, I'm 68. The exercise I get is limited, but we walk a mile twice a day when the weather permits.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keto works and is easiest plan to follow.

Don't eat grains, bread, pasta, potatoes, sugars.
Meat, meat, meat. Beef, pork, chicken, fish, all good.

I changed breakfast to 3 eggs and bacon. Was my hardest switch. No biscuits, gravy, and hashbrown. Took me a couple, 3 weeks to get used to it. I dropped 30#. Then the Gates plannedDEMic got me. Dropped 25# in hospital, before food was edible. Gained everything back. Now, can't breathe to go walk and I'm stuck. Slowly cutting breads and I'm down 10# and trying hard.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the golo supplement or whatever they want to call it. It did nothing for me. Didn't drop a pound after using a 90 day plan. Waste of money.

Their plan says take the pill, but wait for it......... you have to change your diet, they have menu recommendations and you have to exercise daily.

So the pills are worthless, a placebo. You want to lose weight it's all about math. Burn more calories than you consume.
It’s all about the math, but it’s also about brain and blood chemistry.
The standard American daily diet is mostly carbs.
With this, your body converts carbs to sugar, and your brain screams “You’re starving”, every time your blood sugar drops.
If you cut carbs below a certain amount, your body starts running on fat, and your body has an overabundance of fuel.
Your brain quits sending you the message that you are starving, and you quit stuffing too much food into your body.
Basis of the Keto diet.
I’m down 30 lbs in 4 months. I don’t get hungry anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom