Good bolt action rifle for under $2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get into long range shooting but don't want to break the bank before I know what im doing. So whats the best bolt action rifle that can shoot 1 moa or better for under $2000? Or is there such animal. Thanks-ber

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get that savage 308 in the classifieds and spend the rest on glass. Or a Remington sps, new stock rings and base and spend spend the rest again on glass.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 700 AAC-SD - $700

Viper PST Scope FFP - $900

McMillan or Manners stock - ~$400-500

Shop around and you can find better deals on the above. Right at $2k and it should do what you need all day long.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the last Wannemacher show, I bought a used F Class rifle with a Savage target action for $800. It was all set up for a scope and ready to shoot in 6mmbr. I had it rebarreled to 6.5 x 55 by Greg Tanell. Installed a Nightforce scope. Went over $2000 a little but the rifle is a tack driver even at 1000 yards. Check out used customs is my suggestion.

brandt9913

Marksman
Reaction score
At the last Wannemacher show, I bought a used F Class rifle with a Savage target action for $800. It was all set up for a scope and ready to shoot in 6mmbr. I had it rebarreled to 6.5 x 55 by Greg Tanell. Installed a Nightforce scope. Went over $2000 a little but the rifle is a tack driver even at 1000 yards. Check out used customs is my suggestion.

The Savage target action is over $600 alone. You got a great deal. I love the trigger on my savage.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Savage target action is over $600 alone. You got a great deal. I love the trigger on my savage.

I agree, it was a good deal. One of those that makes you wonder??? The guy had a half dozen or so rifles of various caliber and actions. All were nice. It had a scope on it that I did not want...$1000 with the scope. He had no issues taking it off. He was a very nice person. I think he said he was from Bartlesville.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd watch for deals over on Snipers Hide. I see nicely equipped rifles in your price range already set up for long range shooting. If you reload I would find something in 260 Remington. It's a finicky cartridge to load for at first but with Lapua brass and 142 SMK's I am shooting just over 2800 FPS with R17 out of a 25" barrel. The rifle can really reach out and touch something. If you don't reload, then 308 is a good alternative!

Latest posts

Top Bottom