Got an offer to buy my land today.... Wasn't looking to sell it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little over 2 years ago I bought 12 acres with the plans on paying it off and building my house and shop on it. As of right now it's just my person range lol I haven't done anything to it at all.
I got a call from the Realtor about a month ago telling me he had someone who was interested in buying and wanted to know if I'd sell it. I told him no but he didn't like that answer....
I then told him that it's not for sale but everything has a price. So he said, come up with a price and let him know. I said, no if they want it then they can make an offer but it'll be a hell of a lot more than I paid for it.
Well I didn't hear anything about it til today. The realtor called and said they have an offer...
I payed $37k for it two years ago and they just offered $54k for it now. I like the place and would like to keep it but a $17k profit in two years is kind of hard to pass up. I'm thinking about countering a little higher ($60k puts it at $5000 per acre) then just taking that money and putting it into another property. But im not sure i can find another piece of land in the area I wanna be in for that kind of price.... Nor am I sure I really wanna sell
What u guys think???

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it. If there were similar properties that you could replace it with, that guy would have already bought one.

I have been trying to buy land for several months with little luck. Getting a profit is nice, but it may cost you more later when or if you decide to replace it.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you own water rights do not sell, if it has a well you likely have water rights.

The reason they are offering more and willing to pay for it is because........*drum-roll* THE LAND IS WORTH IT!

I am willing to bet if it has water it is more valuable than even you will know in your lifetime.

I would probably offer you 60k if it had water on it today depending on flood plain and a few other factors. They can't build more land. Well Dubai can....but who wants to live on piles of sand. Land is one of the only physical things we can own that they can't make more of, and becomes more valuable with time indefinitely, McMansions and N.I.N.J.A. loans not applicable

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Keep it. If there were similar properties that you could replace it with, that guy would have already bought one.

I have been trying to buy land for several months with little luck. Getting a profit is nice, but it may cost you more later when or if you decide to replace it.

There's your answer, not to mention that you have water on it. Keep it. How did they find your property?

Latest posts

Top Bottom