Got new CCW, need holster recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is what do you intend to do with it; hunt, range toy, not really ideal self-defense/carry piece? Regardless, IMO, a simply rugged chesty puller rig (what I have) or as mentioned above, Kenai chest rig or maybe a sling? I've not tried but the Kenai seems good. Good luck and let us know.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised nobody has recommended appendix carry yet with the barrel tucked down one leg of your trousers

Then head to the mall , hang out in the food court and occasionally pat that thing while you strike up conversations with dissatisfied housewives on their way to spend some Kohl’s Cash
Yeah, but it would have been better if'n it was a Python or an Anaconda. You could then legitimately call it your "trouser snake".

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2556.jpeg

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After much thought, I've decided on loading it with the Underwood Ammo 700gn ammo, as my self defense load. Now I need good recommendations for a sturdy belt. Anyone?

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A box of 20 rounds of the 700 gr loads is probably a lifetime supply. I recommend reloading the 350gr Hornady XTP's to about 1600 fps. Much more enjoyable to shoot. There are some loads with velocity's down around 1000 fps, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the gun IMO.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised nobody has recommended appendix carry yet with the barrel tucked down one leg of your trousers

Then head to the mall , hang out in the food court and occasionally pat that thing while you strike up conversations with dissatisfied housewives on their way to spend some Kohl’s Cash
You beat me to it! Exactly what i was thinking, appendix carry all the way. Haha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom