Grady County WMA???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone got any new info about this place? I just checked and was drawn for an either sex ML hunt in Oct. I did a google search and found referance here and hunt info like what was posted by Harley but no map info.:anyone:

The Kimble Ranch in question is i the love county area I believe. No the ranch north of lawton.

As for the Grady County Hunt, you will receive email/mail that directs you where to go and when to be there.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i thought the grady county wma is at lake birtchi they use to just ley every one go out there and hunt and i heard that they where going to start having controlled hunts on it

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i thought the grady county wma is at lake birtchi they use to just ley every one go out there and hunt and i heard that they where going to start having controlled hunts on it

The land around birchi has always been open to hunting.

The Grady County WMA was donated to the department I believe. Only a section or so of land. It is located in the rush springs area.

TEXAN_OKIE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to hunt the Kimble also and is pretty good hunting, lots and lots of hogs. but it does depend on which paster they get i used to hunt the area they called the barns.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After my fee payment it gave me a POC name and number and says the WMA its 4.5 miles east of Rush Springs. Have to have a dashboard permit to enter WMA. After looking at maps I see 1 OK sized chunk of wooded area with a small lake east of RS that looks to be the correct distance. Gonna have to call and get more info namely boundry areas and vehicle access areas. Good thing is you can scout anytime prior to hunt and its only a 65 mile drive.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called the WMA office today and spoke to Rex Umber the guy in charge of the area. He said the survey still isn't done yet and untill it is and the boundry lines marked the WMA is closed to the public. They hope to have it done for the archery opener but it will be open for the quota hunts for sure he said. He also said those that got drawn for quota hunts will get the new maps in the mail of the new WMA and boundry lines.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't been able to get into contact with anyone the last few days to see if the survey is done and boundry lines posted. Gonna keep trying. All I know to this point is they have built parking areas and done some land work. Not sure what land work was done or which of the two or both of the 500 acer plots they worked on. I would assume its still closed to the public for all activities still. Haven't received any map in the mail yet.
Found out that the new WMA book will be out around January and the new Grady WMA and Cross Timbers lands will be in that new book.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got my map in the mail and called to see if it was open for hunting. It was so decided to hunt it for the archery opener. If I was after cattle it would be a great place as 2 of the 3 parcels have active cattle on them not to mention one has active natral gas rigs as well. Deer sign was next to nothing and some of the ponds that had deer sign was old. Whats not borded by active cattle ranches is borderd by private hunt clubs (thats what the signs on the fences said anyway). I'll go back for my ML quota hunt but I'm not gonna keep my hopes up.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bull buster it pisses me off to no end oklahoma wildlife department leasing surface out to people to run cattle on AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it soppose to be about wildlife not cattle OH and do'nt want to hear its better for quail,well there is is'nt any quail where habit is good so why run cattle i am going to call them tomarrow and give them my 2Cents worth and also find out why they stopped having the youth hunt at sandy sanders,they do a good job but sometimes they do such stuppid stufff,this is not oklahoma but federal the washita wildlife refuge has some monster bucks on i know because the locals kill them on private land that joins it,but they will not add it to control hunts except doe to me it is'nt right they say there is not enough bucks on there to hunt them will ya they getting enough killed by people on private ground next to it they could have say 10 buck hunt around the nov 1st i might not never get drawn but at i would least have chance as would everbody that put in for it i just do'nt understand i pay taxes and part of that land belongs to me and help pay the people that run its wages

Latest posts

Top Bottom