Grandfather and grandson arrested for "ghost gun operation"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but where in the article does it say they were 3D printed guns? I didn't read the comments.

Also, I'm guessing they were selling them...which is illegal. They also built at least one full-auto gun. Why is it surprising they were arrested?
It came up as a recommended story related to 3D printing . . . it also doesn't say they were selling them. I've edited the title.

GutsonBorglum

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us think you have to obey the law until it is changed.
Not to pick on you. Many people believe what you stated. My question would be what if the law is wrong and/or unconstitutional? Just following orders has been the defense for many a despicable act during war time. Just following the law is the same thing. Not saying that what these people did was right. I did not even read the story. Sometimes we have to follow what is right and not what is the law.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
>Authorities seized multiple ghost gun AR-15 rifles in “various stages of assembly,” including one that was converted to shoot fully automatic, according to officials.

>Three ghost gun polymer handguns, 15 high capacity magazines, and approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition were also seized, police said.

okay so running a "ghost gun operation". says neighbor tipped off police.
article says one AR was converted to full auto; i'm assuming coat hanger. but then you remember that merely OWNING A KEYCHAIN AND AN AR could be considered manufacturing a fully automatic weapon. not saying that's what it was or wasn't, but we know this has happened.

all in all:
he's got 3 lowers that i can count, one does appear to be on a functional rifle, one lower that appears to be mostly/completely built (has fcg and i *think* that stock is attached, not just laying there)
some random handguards
a carry handle
6 ar mags
3 p80 glock frames (one appears to be built)
like 11 glock mags (one stick, two or three xtendos)
maybe 400-600 .556 rounds
maybe 200-300 9x19 rounds

and.....that's it.

if this was a neighbor just calling in; let's be clear here:

never made a 80% firearm, but i'm sure many legally have. if a neighbor called in on you, and cops showed up right now, wouldn't your "operation" look a bit more....uh.....professional?

i mean heck, since they going with the "intent to construct" or whatever garbage, since i run a home business and have lots of power tools, a lathe, machining tools, etc, i'm "making guns"? because i can build a lower or convert a saiga?

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are hard to figure out. some of you are all Oklahoma conservative and then a divisive topic comes up and then you are leaning left.

Some of you argue to the left on moderate topics then come out solid conservative on other topics.
WTF!
I reject the notion that conservative means anything other than “one who conserves”. As a conservative, I do whatever I believe aligns with my morals and values.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodness, I really did it this time. All I was saying was that you think you got someone figured out and then they post something that seems to counter what you thought you knew.

If you took my post personally, and were offended, please accept my deepest apologies. I was only making an observation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom