Green Mountain Barrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i haven't found a source yet. i got a bullet lodged in mine last year and am still wondering if i did any damage getting it out. my homemade jag went to the side of the bullet and i hope i didn;t score the barrel,ouch! guess i need to get to the range to check it out. if you find something please post it up, thanks

kmunch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this the gun you sold me last week It was the barrel was in awesome shape and the gun shoots great groups
i haven't found a source yet. i got a bullet lodged in mine last year and am still wondering if i did any damage getting it out. my homemade jag went to the side of the bullet and i hope i didn;t score the barrel,ouch! guess i need to get to the range to check it out. if you find something please post it up, thanks

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GM DI no longer out there. Check these guys out, they are the only ones that I know of besides maybe TOW.
http://www.stonewallcreekoutfitters.com/barrels-2/custom-drop-in-replacement-barrels/

I just boxed up my Renegade barrel. After talking to Stonewall Creek, I'm going with a Green Mountain slow twist 32" barrel, .50 cal. They take your sights, breechplug, etc...and fit to new GM barrel. He also had a Rice match barrel, but that was a little pricey. The route I'm going, the barrel will come back to me in 3-4 weeks, price tag $309.
Of course I'm going to restock the rifle, too, this project is growing in scope each day.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just boxed up my Renegade barrel. After talking to Stonewall Creek, I'm going with a Green Mountain slow twist 32" barrel, .50 cal. They take your sights, breechplug, etc...and fit to new GM barrel. He also had a Rice match barrel, but that was a little pricey. The route I'm going, the barrel will come back to me in 3-4 weeks, price tag $309.
Of course I'm going to restock the rifle, too, this project is growing in scope each day.

Ted, I'm very interested how this turns out....please keep us posted.

Some pics would be great, if possible.

Tnx, Free Trapper

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics as soon as stuff gets here. I can tell you this so far:
Stonewall Creek guy is a wealth of information. He also steered me away from Track of the Wolf as my source for a new stock. Pecatonica Rifles actually cuts the stocks for TOTW, and the guy at Pecatonica is also very informative. I ordered a maple half-stock inletted for my T/C lock this morning. It's gonna be a bit more than just sand-and-finish, but it ought to be worth it. I plan on using iron furniture from TOTW to create a more traditional Hawken-style rifle.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went with a Rayl barrel on my Rifle. I bought parts from Track, Stonewall and Muzzle Loader builder supply. It's a Lotta fun building a rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom