"Group buy" for S&W m-64s from J&G Sales?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is there a way for individuals to pay J&G direct for this order?
then they ship all together to the same FFL for savings on shipping?

last 2 group buys I've been involved with has screwed up.
paid up front on a primer group buy... after waiting for 5 months,
felt real fortunate to get my $$ back. especially when there's a list of folks that didn't.

the other group buy, flat lost all my $$$... needless to say, kinda spooked at group buys.

You know..... That is not that bad of an idea. If everyone got me a check in the exact amount that was already made out to J&G then I don't think I would have to charge tax. The only flaw in this is what if someone wanted to bay with their card?

Fixed it for ya!

I'm thinking that the guys are wanting to combine orders to save on shipping and possibly get a better price on the guns. They asked if I would collect the money and do the transfer. My reply was that If I collect the money I would have to charge sales tax. This is no different then them going to any store and asking them to order you something

I have also heard good things about OPS. If you guys want to use them there will be NO hard feelings on my part. I just thought I'd help

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is there a way for individuals to pay J&G direct for this order?
then they ship all together to the same FFL for savings on shipping?

last 2 group buys I've been involved with has screwed up.
paid up front on a primer group buy... after waiting for 5 months,
felt real fortunate to get my $$ back. especially when there's a list of folks that didn't.

the other group buy, flat lost all my $$$... needless to say, kinda spooked at group buys.

Alright for Tulsan's I have no heartburn letting pipefitter handle the money for this deal he doesn't post alot but has good feedback from well established members. I also wouldn't mind trusting AKguy or you _CY_ you're both well established.

When doing group buys it makes it easier for the point of purchase to deal with one money order from one point of contact logistically. If this is gonna be a disjointed everyone send money seperately and we're waiting for this and that it just takes longer and tends to be a mess.

Hell I'll offer to handle the funds and ordering, for personal reasons I would rather use tyromeo55 than OPS as the FFL if I handled the order. I am at work right now so I can't see j&g's site because of the content filter.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked at OPS we used to give people copies of our FFl to fax anytime they asked for one,and OPS is one of our oldest sponsors.Talk to Eric there,he can help. Steve

I never worked for OPS I just did the research and pout in the effort to actually becoming an FFL and While there is nothing wrong or illegal with that practice the kids reading this need to know that that is definitely NOT standard operating procedure for the vast majority of FFLs. The way you put it might lead someone not in the know to expect that to be the way things operate and that is just not true in most cases.

And I say it again....... From what I have heard OPS is good people and the one time I have met Eric he was super nice to me. With the obvious lack of good shops in Tulsa you would be hard pressed to find better without driving a distance

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called J&G and they said group buys must be paid for with one check or with a credit card and they don't charge any extra fee for using a credit card.
They said they only have 12 guns left but they will hold them if someone wants to charge their credit card.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a little more info from S&W, these are K frame guns and have been modified so that they are Double action only, the hammer was bobbed by the factory. Hammer, sear and trigger are special made to not allow for single action use even with new hammer because these guns were made only for police and military use. Date of manufacture was 1970 to 1974.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Called J&G this morning at nine o'clock to get some more concrete figures on shipping costs. I was informed by the salesman (Mike) that there were only 10 left as shown by their computer's inventory. He additionally noted that he could not be certain that those had not already been spoken for if the computers hadn't yet caught up with the weekend orders.:cry3:

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J&G received the M-64s last tues so in a week they are all gone so I guess we need to move pretty fast on their next shipment. The S&W blue M-15s in "Very Good Plus" condition would be nice if they would come down on the price and shipping to about 225 bucks, for a group buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom