Gsg-5...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just been seeing some of these while out and about Anyone know much about them? Have one? likes or dislikes? Always liked the looks of the MP-5 family esp the Mp-5K's and the PDW's. Thinking one of these in same style setup would be kinda cool and a cheaper way to let the kid in me have a childhood dream come true...

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've got one and I really like it....thing is, and i'm not positive on it, but the guys the make the GSG5 were sued by H&K and H&K won...so I believe that they halted production on them, so if you want one, you better get one while you got the chance.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah I've heard that too. I like the one that you had pic'd in the 10/22 thread. Just if it was going to have the look, would like it to actually be suppressed. Ive been getting together for a suppressor for my 10/22 anyways. so that leaves just another tax stamp for SBR'ing

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah I've heard that too. I like the one that you had pic'd in the 10/22 thread. Just if it was going to have the look, would like it to actually be suppressed. Ive been getting together for a suppressor for my 10/22 anyways. so that leaves just another tax stamp for SBR'ing

I shot a SWEET SBR'd/suppressed GSG-5 at S and H last week, I have to say the effort/cost is worth it.....

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe GSG/ATI lost that lawsuit. At least they say not. Apparently some sort of settlement was reached. Details of the settlement and resulting product(s) will apparently be unveiled in January.

This has been ongoing for some months now and I have seen no price fluctuations of note and there seem to be plenty GSGs still available. That could change.

I have one which I got used. It is a sweet little weapon, really quite accurate and much fun to shoot. It is hard to justify the $500 or so they want for new ones.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it was a settlement reached by both parties the GSG-5 imported by ATI will no longer be imported. Sales of GSG-5s by ATI can continue until January 31, 2010. They will be in stores longer than that of course.

Here is the ATI press release:

October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports,
Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against
German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc.,
together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A
dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each
other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already
issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with
the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by
ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to
service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.

Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ATI is making a big announcement on this issue at the January Shot Show. They seem to be implying that we will like the results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom