Guess what I just did!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
awww.fototime.com_22D405D3B6165AA_orig.jpg

awww.fototime.com_5D3817739CB5F0E_orig.jpg

Now THOSE are hot!

Not gonna happen with THIS one.

You've never met Mrs GED...have you? :yikes2:

I sure have. She ain't too bad. She likes Asians though, so I don't get the harshness you do! :doh:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mmmm...sorta.

The model 19 and 66 is built on the Comabt Magnum frame. Which means adjustable sights, groved frontstrap and backstrap and shrouded ejector rod.

The model 10/13/64/65 series is built on the Military & Police frame. Heavy barrel (on some) fixed sights NON shrouded ejector rod and smooth frontstrap and backstrap.

There are some M&P model 10s out there that came in a 3 inch tube that also had shrouded ejector rods.

One you forgot, Model 19P, grooved front and rear grip frame, fixed sights, shrouded ejector rod, fixed sights, 4"bbl identical to the 19's bbl. Only about 500 made, yes in .357mag.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard of those - just never seen one.

Back in 1986 while stationed in Germany our Rod&Gun club had five on hand, and only wanted 200.00 a piece for them. Knowing what I do now, I feel sick every time I think about it. But then again I did get both my 4" and 3" 624 there for only 250.00 each.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That model 10 3" is a S&W mirror image of my 3" GP, just .38 spl instead of mag. That is the hotness!

I love 3" wheelguns.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. :w000t:

I almost bought one at the Ada gun show back in the early spring/late winter of this year.

Of course, I was still in GLOCK mode at the time and it really didn't interrest me much then. :rolleyes2

Boy am I glad I FINALLY got my head on straight! ;)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...curses!
pissed.gif

The other day, I found yet another one of my "grail" guns in another local toy store. :grumble:

It's a Smith & Wesson 4 inch model 66 NO DASH! :hypnotize:

I've fondled it a couple of days ago, saw the $495 price tag - not bad. But...you know me! :ugh2: I thought I could get it cheaper! :faint:

I walked in with cash in hand today and the modell 66 is still there!
w000t.gif

I ask to "fondle" it some more. He hands me the 66 and I see the $495 price tag on it and say to myself "heh, heh, heh...watch this!"
rubhands.gif

So I pop off to the guy, "uh...what's your bottom dollar on this old, worn out six-shooter?"
rolleyes2.gif

The guy looks at the tag, points and says, "that's it."

I say, "Awww! C'mon, now! Surely you can come off that a little bit."

He says, "nope...I gotta have $495 plus tax."

I pull out FOUR Ben Franklins and a U.S. Grant, plop 'em down on the counter and say, "I'll give ya $450 out the door."

Again, he says, "nope...I gotta have $495 plus tax."

I BS him a little more, tell him this is the best deal he's gonna see today, he probably ain't sold nuthin' all week, the gun is older than he is, this is all the allowance my momma will let me have...
blahblah.gif

He stands firm on his price.

Sadly, I lay down the 66, pick up my cash and walk out the door.
cry3.gif

Bastardo!
explode.gif

So, with my tail between my legs and as much dignity as I can muster, I go to my other toy store, where my 3 inch model 13-3 is in lay-away, waiting to be set free. I walk in, pay it's balance and get it out of hock.

So...I didn't get the 66 but I got my 3 inch model 13. :woohoo1:

I reckon every cloud has a silver lining. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom