Gun control activists petition Chipotle to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completely agree. Honestly, if people want to advance OC, the best way to do it in my opinion is to dress as nicely as possible when doing it and have a well-fitting holster, like a nice boned leather holster. Whether it should be or not, people will not react the same way to a man in a dress shirt and slacks as a man with an Uncle Mikes holster with a gun falling out if it wearing a tshirt 10 sizes too large with holes in it. One will acclimate people to seeing guns, the other will draw their attention and concern. I don't OC... that's a personal choice, but if you do OC, please.. do it right. Look at the images below... do you think the first image would get the same press and reaction as the second? Whether you think the guys should be able to carry those rifles there or not... ask yourself if you think doing so will actually help the cause in ANY way... or will it hurt it?

View attachment 39090 VS View attachment 39091

The first picture would get you arrested in Texas...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative, Keen.

I would menace a person with deadly physical force who made the foolish decision of walking into my establishment with a long-arm of some kind until I was able to ascertain who they were, why they were so armed and how to get them the hell out of my establishment with a minimum of violence.

So you're saying that your "minimum of violence" toward a person who (in your "long guns in my restaurant scenario") has made no indication of attempting violence themselves starts off with deadly force, and then you accuse other people of being stupid?

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were no signs, store policy allowed open carry which in Texas means long guns, and it wasn't an issue until some anti gun activists who likely weren't even there made a big deal about it after which many so called gun rights supporters jumped on the anti gun bandwagon throwing around personal insults and using terms like assault weapons. So who exactly is causing the problem, those obeying the law while exercising their second amendment rights, our those harping on them about it?

There was no store policy because no had made an issue of it. These attention whores (the two guys in the picture) changed that. Even granting that walking in with a rifle is okay (which I think at the very least is socially inappropriate), walking in with a rifle at the low ready is asking for trouble. I can certainly tell you, if I am in a restaurant where a man walks in, rifle at the ready, I am going to be paying VERY close attention to him and will not take my eyes off him. I doubt many of us here would just say "eh, guy with an AK in hand... no biggie" and turn our backs on him. Nothing about what they did was designed to evoke feelings of comfort for the bystanders. Even having the rifle slung over his shoulder would be a different story. Their goal was not to walk in and show how responsible open carriers are... their goal was to get attention and see how people react under the guise of "it's not illegal". Guess what.. now it is against store policy.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first picture would get you arrested in Texas...

Yes, I am aware that OCing a gun in Texas is currently illegal... a law that is well on its way to being changed, even the democratic candidate for governor supports open carry. I'm guessing the stunt by these two guys did nothing to help that cause and may have set it back in some peoples' minds.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was no store policy because no had made an issue of it. These attention whores (the two guys in the picture) changed that. Even granting that walking in with a rifle is okay (which I think at the very least is socially inappropriate), walking in with a rifle at the low ready is asking for trouble. I can certainly tell you, if I am in a restaurant where a man walks in, rifle at the ready, I am going to be paying VERY close attention to him and will not take my eyes off him. I doubt many of us here would just say "eh, guy with an AK in hand... no biggie" and turn our backs on him. Nothing about what they did was designed to evoke feelings of comfort for the bystanders. Even having the rifle slung over his shoulder would be a different story. Their goal was not to walk in and show how responsible open carriers are... their goal was to get attention and see how people react under the guise of "it's not illegal". Guess what.. now it is against store policy.

Actually, I'm not sure it is against store policy. It looks like they may have just given it lip service like Starbucks did to get the anti gun crowd to shut up. But prior to that it was store policy to go by local laws, and unless anti gun signs go up that may still be the policy.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very true like I mentioned earlier. And I wish they had used different language, something along the lines of what I posted earlier. However, the fact that this came to a head, and now the bloomberg group gets to claim a victory, albeit a hollow victory, was completely preventable. News outlets are already saying this has bolstered them and they will keep doing this. This did not help gun rights at all. I would much prefer that when the groups start a protest, they come off as the hot-headed and ridiculous ones... in this case, that one picture is enough to sway public opinion.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're saying that your "minimum of violence" toward a person who (in your "long guns in my restaurant scenario") has made no indication of attempting violence themselves starts off with deadly force, and then you accuse other people of being stupid?

No, Keen.

In my mind it is entirely appropriate to meet the implied threat of deadly force with the actual threat of deadly force.

If folks don't like that then they shouldn't put themselves into the situation.

Actions --> Consequences. Cause --> Effect.

Ek

Any chance of a middle ground here, like agreeing that sternly asking the man to leave and warning that long rifles are not permitted, while yourself armed (but non-confrontational) might be an acceptable way to handle a situation like that without escalation?

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, Keen.

In my mind it is entirely appropriate to meet the implied threat of deadly force with the actual threat of deadly force.

If folks don't like that then they shouldn't put themselves into the situation.

Actions --> Consequences. Cause --> Effect.

Ek

And there is your issue: you see someone merely openly carrying a long gun to be implying a threat, when absolutely no threat was made or actually implied.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those two idiots in that picture need to be taught some common manners, and then they need those rifles shoved up their ignorant asses, as far as they would go.

I am getting so GD sick of **** like this it brings me to tears.

I'll not argue it, because you either get it or you don't. If you don't, you aren't helping pro 2A groups. You're hurting them. If you're that GD dense tell me what the point is in even having the discussion with you.

F'n idiots. Good grief. They're lucky they didn't get shot. If I was sitting in a restaurant and saw someone walk in like that, and I was armed, I'd probably take cover and draw my weapon. I'm sure as **** not going to sit there and let someone that has me outgunned catch me with my sidearm holstered. That might very well prove too late for me or my loved ones. Think mass shootings don't happen in restaurants, in Texas? Does Luby's in Killeen ring any bells?

Complete dipshits that obviously lack the judgement and intelligence to exercise their God given rights properly. This is the kind of actions that will eventually cause all of us to forfeit those same rights. F'n idiots.

I'm pro open carry by the way. But, I'm anti dumbass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom