Gun Hysteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bill Mac

This is a very tragic story that should not have happened. I agree that our legal system is oftentimes stacked against the righteous ones and there is little chance of the family winning a suit against the LVPD or the city of Las Vegas. I do think that if he had just left the store when asked without arguing, the situation would not have escalated. This is exactly why we 2A'ers need to be vigilant of who supports our rights and beliefs and spend our money with them whenever we can and not with those who do not, like Costco.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone who carries a firearm needs to understand the social environment which they're operating in, and the possible unintended consequences of their actions.

Bottom line: be polite.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a very tragic story that should not have happened. I agree that our legal system is oftentimes stacked against the righteous ones and there is little chance of the family winning a suit against the LVPD or the city of Las Vegas. I do think that if he had just left the store when asked without arguing, the situation would not have escalated. This is exactly why we 2A'ers need to be vigilant of who supports our rights and beliefs and spend our money with them whenever we can and not with those who do not, like Costco.

I think the family has a good chance of winning the suit against both Costco and the LVPD.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When did this happen? There's no date in the story. The end of the story talks about the father of the victim writing a fictionalized account...... is the story EXACTLY how it happened or is it part of the fictionalized account? I'm confused.

Okay, after using my google-fu, I have more clarity on it. Here is his memorial website: http://www.erikbscott.com/

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me qualify my remarks first:
1. I do believe in gun hysteria, that it exists, and that innocents have been murdered just because they were legally armed.
2. I was very touched by this story, so much so that I have now read several articles, news stories and most of the coroner inquest testimony.

Before you decide what to think about THIS incident, read more than the referenced article in the original post. I assure you there is much more to the story. Either side could and have wrote it up to make you take one side or the other. Both sides have incredible stories to tell, and it is incredible how different those stories are. Eye witness customers to the shooting with COMPLETELY different versions of what happened. Officers who saw and heard different things. The toxicology reports on the victim are astounding. Every medical opinion that I have read on it agree that it was a lethal amount of prescription drugs in his system. It goes on and on, for both sides. The shooting officers were even given awards by national police organizations for their actions that day.

Sad incident, and exactly what went down will never be known.

Personally, if I am in a business and they have a problem with my weapon, they can put my purchases back up and I am leaving immediately never to give them my $$ again. He chose to stay and shop, and he died.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I don't know the facts maybe Tiasman is correct about the lethal amount of prescription drugs in this guy's system. That may be the reason the family dropped the suit. Because their "qualified immunity" argument seems a little thin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom