Gun Oil Corrosion Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. What was the knock on Frog Lube? Someone did a test and there was something about it gumming up or breaking down... Can't remember. Are you supposed to heat up the metal using Mobil1 like the Millitec?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think heating up a gun is out ..so any oil that requires that to be done is out in my book.
I just can't see heating up my 1928 browning.
Now if the heat level is something like leaving it in the sun..that would not be too bad.

But a heat gun or an oven is out for me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think heating up a gun is out ..so any oil that requires that to be done is out in my book.
I just can't see heating up my 1928 browning.
Now if the heat level is something like leaving it in the sun..that would not be too bad.

But a heat gun or an oven is out for me.

No oven required. Setting it in the sun if more than enough, also a hair dryer will also work plenty well. It only needs to be up around 100 degrees so not much heat at all, the stuff "melts in" quick.

You won't see any benefit at all with preheating for conventional oils or greases. Frog Lube is a different animal altogether. I have no idea what it is, but it's doesn't act like anything I've ever used and that's just about everything out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom