Gun safe advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new, bigger gun safe, as over the past 2 months, I have filled mine up, and now have a few guns stored in the closet...

I went up to H&H tonight and the wife and I looked at a few Heritage models, but they were really low on stock, and only had a few different of their highest end models.

Can anyone recommend a brand of safe they have and really like? Or any brands to stay away from? I'm wanting to spend less than $1,500, and need the capacity to be at least 20+ rifles, and would prefer if it came with, or had the option for a door panel for handgun storage.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Winchester Ranger and am pleased with the safe. Of course, it has never been tested by fire or burglars, but I am still pleased with the safe.

You can check them out here. Don't know the local prices in your area, but they are pretty reasonable. Not fancy, but I don't need fancy, just large.

jrgutier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go research the Bunker Hill Executive Gun Safe. I was able to acquire one for less than $300 local. They're not the best, but its definitely better tha nothing. Only holds 12 long guns though.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Winchester Ranger and am pleased with the safe. Of course, it has never been tested by fire or burglars, but I am still pleased with the safe.

You can check them out here. Don't know the local prices in your area, but they are pretty reasonable. Not fancy, but I don't need fancy, just large.

Did you pick yours up locally or order it online? If local, where at if you don't mind me asking?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want size, I got a Liberty Fatboy Jr. a few months ago. Great safe.

It cost me 1,100, and I added a $140 door hanger unit. Still came out $500 ahead of what they were asking for the loaded Fatboy. Also if you wanted to make it even more like the Fatboy it comes pre drilled for installing a power cord for a light kit / electric dehumidifier.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want size, I got a Liberty Fatboy Jr. a few months ago. Great safe.

It cost me 1,100, and I added a $140 door hanger unit. Still came out $500 ahead of what they were asking for the loaded Fatboy. Also if you wanted to make it even more like the Fatboy it comes pre drilled for installing a power cord for a light kit / electric dehumidifier.

That's what I was looking at in the book at H&H, but they didn't have one in store for me to put my hands on and see if I liked it. What's your thoughts on it? Pros/cons?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was looking at in the book at H&H, but they didn't have one in store for me to put my hands on and see if I liked it. What's your thoughts on it? Pros/cons?

CONS

- It doesn't have the fire rating of it's big brother the Fatboy. For me I didn't care as much about this.
- It doesn't have the power cord pre setup in it, no built in lights, and no door hanger like the Fatboy. BUT all of those can be easily added later if you want them.

Pros

- Not only does it have a lot of room, the shelves help take advantage of it.
- The add on door hanger allows for a lot of storage
- Seriously...the storage space is great. So good I had to list it twice.
- The vertical rifle space is great, and is high enough for me to even put my super long Mosin Nagant in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom