Gun safe advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man...just made me think...moving one of these things around, would SUCK, and I'm looking at moving in 2 months or less hopefully.

I hired a safe moving company to move mine. A couple of off duty Tulsa Firefighters do most of the safe deliveries for Sportsworld and Academy.

They had an electric powered dolly to get it up my porch stairs...I don't know how they would have done it otherwise. But once it was in the house they had some wood boards with nylon rails on top, they just kept moving the boards and pushing the safe across them till they got it where I wanted it to go.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will be more than $1500 but purchasing a Bear Safe (made in OKC) is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Go by and see them, it will be worth the trip if only for an education on gun safes.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd call Scott at SCI in Catoosa and see what's the best safe he can get you within your budget. The Fatboy Jr has 12 gauge steel. A Metabo with a cutting wheel and you can rip through that like a skilsaw through plywood.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberty fat boy will fit your needs the best. I've got one and a smaller liberty. Going to purchase another safe soon and will most likely buy another liberty but the pendeltons are amazingly nice also.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be more than $1500 but purchasing a Bear Safe (made in OKC) is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Go by and see them, it will be worth the trip if only for an education on gun safes.

Took your advice, and went and checked out their safes yesterday. They are definitely WELL made, and well out of my price range :-) I could only afford their smallest model which would be a down size to what I already have. They were nice people though, and if I had the money, wouldn't hesitate on buying one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom