Guy Movie Marathon Suggestions ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of specific movies I'd suggest watching particular actors, including their mannerisms, their language and their attitudes. Start with Jack Nicholson and/or Bogart. Those two would be the apex of manly men. In between add The Duke (there will never be a more manly man movie than The Quiet Man) and end with Clint Eastwood.

CodyC99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This dude knows what's up! My first roommate back in 2001 accidentally made off with my They Live movie poster when we moved out, I miss that poster. He also made off with my Titanic DVD, but left the case behind. That jerk!

Titanic DVD ???

I thought we were talking about guy movies? :gun2:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start with Jack Nicholson and/or Bogart. Those two would be the apex of manly men.

A winnar is you. I would have thrown out "The Maltese Falcon" and "The Big Sleep" as awesome guy movies but a lot of guys don't have the patience for real movies anymore.

PS Bogart's last words were, "I never should have switched from Scotch to Martinis." He's even endorsed by the Drunkard:

Modern Drunkard Magazine said:
“The whole world is three drinks behind," Humphrey Bogart proclaimed in 1950. “If everyone in the world would take three drinks, we would have no trouble. If Stalin, Truman and everybody else in the world had three drinks right now, we’d all loosen up and we wouldn’t need the United Nations.”

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talledegah Nights
Happy Gilomore
Quigley Down Under
Fort Apache
Off Limits
The Departed
Fort Apache
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
Die Hard (all of them)
Secondhand Lions
Star Wars (all of them) (half clothed women and guns that shoot straight, what could possibly be wrong with that)
Breakheart Pass
Once Upom a Time in the West (may be the number 1 western ever)
Fire Creek
Night Train
Top Gun (how many pair of mirrored sunglasses sold after that movie)

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some great, feel-good, guy flicks that I enjoy are Rampage and Sugarhouse. Highly recommend. We can't be friends if you have not seen these movies. :D

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have enough for a good start. The "He men woman haters" was the name of the club formed by the Little Rascals in one of their shorts. That was a LOONNGG time ago.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
Hamburger Hill (already mentioned)
Platoon (also mentioned already)
Rockie Horror Picture Show
The Edge (or anything with Anthony Hopkins) "Why is the rabbit unafraid"? "Because hes smarter than the panther"
Silence of the Lambs
The Gladiator

Latest posts

Top Bottom