H&H Has Wilson Combat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were you adding in the additional labor for fitting those added on parts? I had a pointed conversation with our pricing/inventory people. Our prices are based on actual invoice from Wilson for the base pistol, plus any additonal parts and LABOR. This is the total invoiced amount.

Again, considering I've owned several and priced several Wilsons, have had a significant amount of custom 1911 work done on other guns, AND owned a gun that Wilson's custom shop built, I'd say I'm pretty familiar with labor and the pricing of "options." :rollingla. Again, I went by comparing similar models/options to other dealers and of course direct FROM Wilson more than a few times.

Wilson figures MSRP as an exact percentage over dealer price. We apply that same percentage to the total invoiced amount, then roll in the shipping charges, to come to the shelf price. I would gues some dealers are not charging a markup on add ons or labor, or rolling in the shipping charges.

In which $2500-3000 is A LOT of money to me so I can't afford it if a dealer wants to nickel and dime me. Naturally I realize someone with money to burn will come along and take my place but I'm in a different situation. Therefore, I have to shop around and compare.

One thing for sure, you will find different pricing stratagies with every dealer out there. Ours seems to have worked for us. W finished 2008 as the #1 Wilson long gun dealer and #2 overall in the nation based on wholesale dollars purchased.

Congrats, but just because H&H sells a bunch of their ARs, shottys, accessories etc doesn't mean I should pay a premium for one of their handguns. A few of which you have currently I KNOW have been sitting there for awhile because I looked at them before I bought my last CQB.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both the Bill Wilson Carry and a standard CQB Compact. Either would make a fantastic carry piece. My Bill Wilson has been all over the country with me and is an accurate, highly dependable weapon in every respect.

Have you carried the CQB Compact a lot also? How does it differ in day to day use from the BW? In particular does the slide treatment make it carry any different (read: better) I think they call them "carry cuts"

BC

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both the Bill Wilson Carry and a standard CQB Compact. Either would make a fantastic carry piece. My Bill Wilson has been all over the country with me and is an accurate, highly dependable weapon in every respect.

I have a CQB and have shot prarie dogs at 75+ yards on a few occasions. Not bragging here, but I'm considering a Carry sized pistol and was wondering if your BW Carry is as accurate?

Latest posts

Top Bottom