H&H no holster draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This came up in another thread about training....didn't want to hijack it anymore.

Has H&H really cracked down on drawing from the holster?

I haven't been by there in a month or two. I know we have some employees here and others who frequent the place. Say it aint so!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It beats not getting to shoot. Plus, I've been next to some "shooters" who I wish weren't allowed to shoot there period. It's hard to concentrate on the front sight when you're thinking about the doofus in the next lane waving his pistol around. Shooting static paper indoors isn't the best training, but it is still fun and you can at least work on the basics of grip, trigger control, sight picture, etc. I can hardly wait for spring already so I can get back outside and not freeze my nards off! I'm too old to be cold.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1. I can get ALMOST everything I need by drawing at home while dryfiring. It doesn't really affect and/or bother me that H&H doesn't allow drawing from a holster.

Most of the people I see shooting there have a hard enough time keeping a firearm pointed downrange. I doubt they understand the principle of keeping their finger outside the trigger guard during a draw.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1. I can get ALMOST everything I need by drawing at home while dryfiring. It doesn't really affect and/or bother me that H&H doesn't allow drawing from a holster.

Most of the people I see shooting there have a hard enough time keeping a firearm pointed downrange. I doubt they understand the principle of keeping their finger outside the trigger guard during a draw.

QFT!!!!!!!!! I spend more time watching the people around me than I do shooting anymore ... :bah::grumble:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully understand the business and safety aspect of the rule, guess I'm just wistfully dreaming of a firing range that would treat us like responsible, trained, and competent gun owners...not like the lowest common denominator.

If someone acts unsafe or like fool, then do your job and ask them to leave but if I'm minding my business and safely practicing from the holster...count my money and get back to watching out for retards. Isn't that part of what the range personnel are getting paid to do?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully understand the business and safety aspect of the rule, guess I'm just wistfully dreaming of a firing range that would treat us like responsible, trained, and competent gun owners...not like the lowest common denominator.

If someone acts unsafe or like fool, then do your job and ask them to leave but if I'm minding my business and safely practicing from the holster...count my money and get back to watching out for retards. Isn't that part of what the range personnel are getting paid to do?

Methinks insurance and liability and lawyers be lurking about...and Miles is "cautious". It's his place; like it or not; he gets to make the rules.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Methinks insurance and liability and lawyers be lurking about...and Miles is "cautious". It's his place; like it or not; he gets to make the rules.

Yeah, hence the "I fully understand the business and safety aspect..." part of my post.

Just venting really...tired of everything being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom