H&H no holster draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, but when the actions of private property owners conflict with arguments in terms of the 2nd...it muddies the waters and provides grist for the mill.

A business owner that prohibits weapons on their property yet campaigns for open carry, a politician who carries a personal weapon but votes against legislation that would let others do the same, gun owners who want unrestricted rights but admit/claim that many/most of their peers are unsafe etc....it's "do as I say, not as I do".

The message that is being sent is: We have a right to carry and we are safe and responsible gun owners, don't restrict it....yet we won't/don't like to allow people to perform basic practice of drawing from a holster because we are scared of the lowest common denominator. Huh?

You have lawyers and insurance companies to thank for that ...

And as much as it pains me to say it, if I owned a gun range there would be no drawing either. Any of you guys doubt me (not you SMS, just any of the folks in general) take a trip up to H&H and just stand outside the range and watch the circus on a Saturday ...

Be sure and have a fresh bottle of your favorite alcoholic beverage at home. You are gonna need it after about 5 minutes of that horror show ...

The only thing I can think of that H&H could do to make it safer would be to assign a range officer to be out in each bay all the time. However, I am not sure you could pay anyone enough to convince them to do it ... especially if they have been there for more than a shift or two.

Bravo 3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its unfortunate but ranges have to make the rules for the worst shooters not the best.If they had Doug Koenig,Robbie Leatham,Bruce Piatt on the range the rules would probably be different for them(as long as "barney Fife" wasn't out there trying to imitate them) A thought.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its unfortunate but ranges have to make the rules for the worst shooters not the best.If they had Doug Koenig,Robbie Leatham,Bruce Piatt on the range the rules would probably be different for them(as long as "barney Fife" wasn't out there trying to imitate them) A thought.

You are more than welcome to come out to a match and shoot with me anytime. Just shoot me a PM.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have lawyers and insurance companies to thank for that ...

And as much as it pains me to say it, if I owned a gun range there would be no drawing either. Any of you guys doubt me (not you SMS, just any of the folks in general) take a trip up to H&H and just stand outside the range and watch the circus on a Saturday ...

Be sure and have a fresh bottle of your favorite alcoholic beverage at home. You are gonna need it after about 5 minutes of that horror show ...

The only thing I can think of that H&H could do to make it safer would be to assign a range officer to be out in each bay all the time. However, I am not sure you could pay anyone enough to convince them to do it ... especially if they have been there for more than a shift or two.

Oh I believe it. Just think it's sad that it's come to that and trying to correlate it to our desire for more relaxed gun laws.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the 4 years I worked there I was nearly shot 5 times, twice in the lobby, and once by an on duty ocpd police officer. I still shoot there once in a while... but only at times when I can be pretty sure to share the bay with only one or two other people.

A few years ago it was not uncommon to see some amazing holster work by some local ipsc shooters. Of late its not uncommon to see recent county jail releases trying to figure out how to load their new hi point.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For mine and my familys personal safety, I would prefer there not be holster drawing at H&H.

I went there about 6 months ago and 4 Air Force boys straight from boot were there with their brand new pistol and holster trying to show off to each other.
Starting by having their backs turned from the target and then one of them yelling FIRE and then turning around real quick while unholstering to see who could get the shot off the quickest and actually hit the paper.

I saw a couple shots hit the wall just past the shooting line and all I heard were laughs from it.

I left the range.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's scary...maybe there oughta be a buzzer in there so when you see a dumb-ass, you can call an RO to come give 'em the heave-ho!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For mine and my familys personal safety, I would prefer there not be holster drawing at H&H.

I went there about 6 months ago and 4 Air Force boys straight from boot were there with their brand new pistol and holster trying to show off to each other.
Starting by having their backs turned from the target and then one of them yelling FIRE and then turning around real quick while unholstering to see who could get the shot off the quickest and actually hit the paper.

I saw a couple shots hit the wall just past the shooting line and all I heard were laughs from it.

I left the range.

Yep. GC knows someone has made me nervous if he looks around and I am at the range counter BSing with the guys ... Nothing bothers him, he gets tunnel vision when he is shooting. Me?? I guess I worked there too long ... I don't enjoy shooting at all unless I am the only one out there or I know everyone on the range with me. That's kinda hard to do at a public range, so I am really, really picky about what day and times we are in there to shoot now.

Like abinok I can count the number of times I nearly got shot (and I need more than one hand to do it). There was an accidental shooting when I worked there ... Thank God no one was seriously hurt (and I was not at work that day).

Latest posts

Top Bottom