H&H Shooting Sports to add 6 more lanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad there is at least a couple other places besides H&H; can't imagine the crowd if there weren't. I'm gonna go to H&H to shoot this weekend, I know that for sure. It will be nice to get those extra lanes in.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot there a few times. Felt lucky to walk out alive evey time. Why not add some RSOs in the bays to keep an eye on these fools? Guys checking NFA paperwork at the desk that haven't the slightest what they are even looking at aren't going to keep folks safe.

Kinda like folks that post on the forums that don't even read what they have posted checking for grammatical errors my 10 year old would have caught?
And I work there, no reason to hide it. I don't think anyone who works there tries to hide it. Most of us take great pride in the fact that we hide it. I find it quite disheartening that so many people love to throw stones at a business that tries so hard to provide a pleasant atmosphere to shoot in. The folks who like to peck away at their keyboards, running down the folks out there doing the deal just make me sad. No one at that place works there to get rich. We work there for the love of the industry. As far as it being a safe place to shoot, I have been far more scared at other ranges, in fact, I left a match at a range one time due to the fact everyone was just loading up and holstering up right in the lobby of the range. Given the sheer volume of folks that run thru that place on a daily basis it is quite amazing that everything runs so smooth. But I understand that it is certainly easier to just pick on one instances out of the millions of folks that go thru yearly and have a great experience, and harp on that one time. RO's are nice, however, I have always been taught that we are all RO's. The rule of thumb at a range (any range) is that if you observe an unsafe act, go get a staff member to correct it. How many of you critics have ever done that? Perhaps that person performing the unsafe act didn't even know it? They might have been grateful you helped correct them to save them from future mistakes.
Oh, and yes, the air is dirty. People are shooting guns. The two kinda go hand in hand indoors. Some of these same folks that gripe about the heat or the cold or the smoke and fumes are the same people lining up to shoot indoor matches with me that last hours while out of that same time they only shoot seconds. Seriously folks? How about finding something real to gripe about?
Just my opinion and in no way the opinion of my employer.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was far more than correcting grammar, however, being hypercritical of an individual for not knowing how to do something out of their job is much like getting upset at a lab technician at a doctor's office for not being able to diagnose your disorder. The folks behind the counter have no reason to know how to handle NFA items. There is a dedicated individual who handles NFA items. But I can certainly see how it would make sense to complain that every individual who works there can not deal with a topic so simple as NFA items. It is ironic that the first response to my comment could not find anything in my post of any substance to dispute other than the opening statement. It just gets old hearing all the range bashing, especially from disgruntled ex-employees, two of which on this thread are.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was far more than correcting grammar, however, being hypercritical of an individual for not knowing how to do something out of their job is much like getting upset at a lab technician at a doctor's office for not being able to diagnose your disorder. The folks behind the counter have no reason to know how to handle NFA items. There is a dedicated individual who handles NFA items. But I can certainly see how it would make sense to complain that every individual who works there can not deal with a topic so simple as NFA items. It is ironic that the first response to my comment could not find anything in my post of any substance to dispute other than the opening statement. It just gets old hearing all the range bashing, especially from disgruntled ex-employees, two of which on this thread are.[/QUOTE

Recommendation: Don't listen. And/or get over it. If they/we/you/I don't bash that, we'll by God find sumpin' else to bash. Frenchmen! Yeah! Let's bash dem Frenchmen! Who's wit me?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lmfao: at the disgruntled ex-employee comment. I've lost track all the employees, past and present, who've told me what happened to me there "will never happen to them. So-and-so likes me." I will say this to you now, when your time comes, and it will, you will never hear me say "I told you so."

I find it interesting that just because I'm a former employee that my observations about H&H are immediately suspect. Fact of the matter is they have some pretty significant problems -- they had them before I was there, while I was there and they've continued to have them to this day. Me being an ex-employee does not change that fact.

I do hope you turn out to be the exception to the rule because I know you like it there. I did too.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:lmfao: at the disgruntled ex-employee comment. I've lost track all the employees, past and present, who've told me what happened to me there "will never happen to them. So-and-so likes me." I will say this to you now, when your time comes, and it will, you will never hear me say "I told you so."

I do hope you turn out to be the exception to the rule because I know you like it there. I did too.

And for what it's worth, those fortunate ones to know of you back in the day there liked it when you were there too...even if'n you are a Frenchie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom