H&H Shooting Sports to add 6 more lanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of what you have said is the truth. I was a guest there for over 9 years before I ever put on the shirt. I have seen plenty of staff come and go. I have seen my share of issues with many topics. I also have seen a great deal of care and passion by a great number of the staff who truly care about the guests and the shooting sports. The problems I have witnesses over the years have seemed to be the exception, not the rule. I have more than a few friends who are former employees there who have nothing but great memories of the time they spent there. I have one in particular who was fired, but still loves to go shoot there. For several years I was there four or five times a week and never left feeling lucky to have survived?
As for getting tired of hearing the bashing and changing the channel, i'd rather just discuss it with those who are unhappy with the current conditions. Getting over it never helps solve any problems. Listening to gripes can get frustrating sometimes, but occasionally a legitimate gripe comes along that can help an organization get better at serving the public. The true goal of any organization should be getting better at what they do. At least in my mind?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of what you have said is the truth. I was a guest there for over 9 years before I ever put on the shirt. I have seen plenty of staff come and go. I have seen my share of issues with many topics. I also have seen a great deal of care and passion by a great number of the staff who truly care about the guests and the shooting sports. The problems I have witnesses over the years have seemed to be the exception, not the rule. I have more than a few friends who are former employees there who have nothing but great memories of the time they spent there. I have one in particular who was fired, but still loves to go shoot there. For several years I was there four or five times a week and never left feeling lucky to have survived?
As for getting tired of hearing the bashing and changing the channel, i'd rather just discuss it with those who are unhappy with the current conditions. Getting over it never helps solve any problems. Listening to gripes can get frustrating sometimes, but occasionally a legitimate gripe comes along that can help an organization get better at serving the public. The true goal of any organization should be getting better at what they do. At least in my mind?

I have some great memories of my time there, and friends I made there I will have for life. Scott and I still shoot there (I've lost track of how many times we've run into you there) but you and I disagree on the safety out on the ranges. There have been plenty of times I've simply left the range and stood around BSing with the range guys or over at the gunsmith shop (or hugging on Ray) because of the unsafe behavior out on the range. And yes, I have always mentioned unsafe behavior to the range staff.

Memories aside, that does not change the fact that there are some pretty unsafe things going on out on those bays at any given time of the day or evening.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:kiss: I have found that the vast majority of the folks who've left there did not do so because they were doing a bad job. It is unfortunate, but, alas ... what do you do?

WE have all gone elsewhere and I should not say more out of respect for those still there who really know what they are doing and are the best assets for them if I may say..

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was far more than correcting grammar, however, being hypercritical of an individual for not knowing how to do something out of their job is much like getting upset at a lab technician at a doctor's office for not being able to diagnose your disorder. The folks behind the counter have no reason to know how to handle NFA items. There is a dedicated individual who handles NFA items. But I can certainly see how it would make sense to complain that every individual who works there can not deal with a topic so simple as NFA items. It is ironic that the first response to my comment could not find anything in my post of any substance to dispute other than the opening statement. It just gets old hearing all the range bashing, especially from disgruntled ex-employees, two of which on this thread are.

Then why do they ask for NFA paperwork? That one guy there from open to close 7 days a week? Then why do they ask for NFA paperwork?

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was far more than correcting grammar, however, being hypercritical of an individual for not knowing how to do something out of their job is much like getting upset at a lab technician at a doctor's office for not being able to diagnose your disorder. The folks behind the counter have no reason to know how to handle NFA items. There is a dedicated individual who handles NFA items. But I can certainly see how it would make sense to complain that every individual who works there can not deal with a topic so simple as NFA items. It is ironic that the first response to my comment could not find anything in my post of any substance to dispute other than the opening statement. It just gets old hearing all the range bashing, especially from disgruntled ex-employees, two of which on this thread are.

Son, read BB's post about ex-employees. Two, don't throw out a comment on grammar. Ever. I will leave you with some advice; When you are in, you are a guest. When you are out, you are a pest. Quit while you are behind. This is not a poke at you.

Frag out....

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some great memories of my time there, and friends I made there I will have for life. Scott and I still shoot there (I've lost track of how many times we've run into you there) but you and I disagree on the safety out on the ranges. There have been plenty of times I've simply left the range and stood around BSing with the range guys or over at the gunsmith shop (or hugging on Ray) because of the unsafe behavior out on the range. And yes, I have always mentioned unsafe behavior to the range staff.

Memories aside, that does not change the fact that there are some pretty unsafe things going on out on those bays at any given time of the day or evening.

Now all kidding around aside; that grabs my attention lots more than some paperwork hastles...I must admit to having seen, corrected (tactfully) and reported same. But the tone I'm getting here and from the spoken word of a sage old wrinkled wizened geezer of a man, one who I still call my friend and who is no longer there, I am getting a vibe I don't dig. Is it my spidey-sense or arthritis from the weather that's gots me concerned?

Latest posts

Top Bottom