Habañero beef jerky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with handguns, I can't put it on my regular thread in the Handguns Forum. But Beef Jerky is expensive, and this is how I make it the day before a fish fry. Normally I would use habañeros from the garden, but I don't have a pepper garden set out yet. So I bought habañero hot sauce from Walmart for substitute. I've done that before and it works fine - just not nearly as hot though.

[Broken External Image]

I usually use eye of round and slice the meat strips.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Then I immerse the strip into the habañero sauce.

[Broken External Image]

And put it on the dehydrator tray.

[Broken External Image]

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Then I plug in the dehydrators and in about 8 hours the jerky is ready.

[Broken External Image]

Will show yall the finished product when it gets finished.

[Broken External Image]

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real men don't use latex gloves when dipping their steak into habenero's... LOL.

Looks good, I can't wait to see the finished product! I have been thinking about purchasing a dehydrator after I had some super delish homemade deer jerky!

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Real men don't use latex gloves when dipping their steak into habenero's... LOL.

Looks good, I can't wait to see the finished product! I have been thinking about purchasing a dehydrator after I had some super delish homemade deer jerky!

Then real men don´t forget and wipe their eyes! Haha! 1/2 of it is finished and bagged already. At this point one has to keep an eye on it so it does not over dry.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

More Fists of Fury! I just ate a piece, and it does not disappoint! Nose is running, face sweating, gum lines around my teeth burning, YES!!!

[Broken External Image]

There is only one tray left on the dehydrator that still has jerky dehydrating on it. All of the rest is bagged & in the fridge. Should be totally finished in about ten more minutes. I'm having a big fish fry tomorrow, and alot of people will sip on a beer out of politeness, with no intention of drinking seriously. When they start snacking, that will change.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom