Habañero beef jerky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Real men "WILL" cry when they go to the bathroom after messing with Habañeros without latex gloves. My dad eats Habañeros like there candy, I have no idea how he can do that. We make a great seasoning from dehydrated Habañeros from the garden. Note: Do not dehydrate them in the house, you will run everyone out of the house.

BTW, nice job on the jerky, looks really good.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_05a0de50_d871_42cf_983f_3d1892293a55.jpg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to download the app that allows this photo manipulation! Excellent! And I DO intend to get some pics of guests eating the jerky and their responses. I've seen delayed reactions before, where the jerky eater would compliment the flavor, and then the heat inexoriably continues to build up. The only way to obtain immediate relief is by drinking cold beer - and plenty of it. And that's what I'm counting on. Comparing the habañero sauce to garden habañeros on the jerky, I´ll rate this jerky as ¨good,¨ but when I use garden habañeros, I put them in the blender and add just enough water to create a paste, and immerse the meat strips in that. Doing it that way makes it much, much hotter, because everything is there; the macerated skins, seeds...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey 0311,

I've found that my home grown peppers get a tad bit hotter sitting in the refigerator for a few days.....the fruit that is!! Have you tried the cousin of the Habanero...Scotch Bonnet? How about the Ghost Pepper?

One time in college, I had a buddy that loved hot peppers. he didn't know about Habaneros...heck in the early 90's not to many Okies did. I brought one to class to give to him to try later. During lecture, he cracked it open and smelled it....not that hot...he stated.

He forgot about the oil on his fingers. Well he writes notes and then puts his pencil in his mouth...HOT!! He wipes his eyes and nose...he's on FIRE and runs out of the class.

After class two Hindu/India guys asked me about them...a few days later I give then 3-4 to make curry and put it on their baked chicken. Later on I asked them how the curry chicken was...it was to HOT...they threw it away!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom