Half of Texas Wind Turbines Freeze, Hurting Electricity Output

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's like that time in May of 1961 when Kennedy said that we were going to land a man on the moon by the end of the 60s. What the heck? We didn't have technology for that? How on Earth (hahahaha) were we going to land a man on the moon?

What Kennedy did was challenge us to accomplish a goal, not threaten us if we didn't reach the goal.
In addition, the challenge was a "national pride" challenge.
It was "we need to beat the Russians" to this goal as they were already waxing our butt in space exploration.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What Kennedy did was challenge us to accomplish a goal, not threaten us if we didn't reach the goal.
In addition, the challenge was a "national pride" challenge.
It was "we need to beat the Russians" to this goal as they were already waxing our butt in space exploration.
So what's different here?
Time: 10ish years / 10ish years
Goal: Get to the moon / Get onto renewables
Why: Be the first country to do it!
At the time of: Getting our butts kicks by the Soviets / Getting our butts kicked by Scandinavians.
Cost of failure: Loss of national pride / Loss of national pride and energy independence and accelerating climate change.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
List of things Trump Delayed:
  • December 2020 - Stimulus Checks that his people negotiated
  • Ukrainian Aid as mandated by Congress
  • Aid to California during wildfires because "they didn't vote for {him})
  • Coronavirus tools like ventilators to WA/MI because the governors weren't nice to him.
On the other hand, Biden approved the disaster request immediately without once asking people to grovel. It was whether or not you like Biden, I think it was refreshing that it was done so boringly.

Although there was talk of ventilator shortages early in the pandemic, I don’t think we ever got to the point where patients died because there wasn’t an available vent for them. On a related topic, The real issue about vents in the pandemic is not the #, but lack of qualified therapists to manage them. Docs & nurses aren’t trained to run an elaborate icu ventilator. A licensed Respiratory Therapist manages them. Any massive need for vents would require adequate oxygen supply & enough RT’s. Just shipping 100K vents somewhere would be useless without the staff & supplies to manage them.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what, I'm just going to say you're right. I don't know how I could have been so mistaken. He did everything perfectly. From stopping the Rona in it's tracks and having it disappeared like a miracle by Easter to creating all those jobs.

You're right about the Dems too. Shame that the Democrats were so smart that they could steal the election. I mean, smart enough to steal it from him specifically, and not all those critical house and senate races on the same ballot.

Finally, you're right about Texas. Biden should send in the feds without being asked. That's EXACTLY the kind of thing that a state with a bill in their legislature about seceding from the Union would like. He should mobilize and send them out because he knows better how to distribute resources in their state.

C-19 is real but response is a total hoax. I've posted extensive actual evidence that backs that up in CDC admits deaths thread. a disease with a 99.9 survival rate .. NO way the country should be shut down. the cure cannot be worst than the ill.

Masks don't work, asymptomatic people cannot spread C-19. COVID-19 is easily treatable with several safe meds like HCQ/Zinc/Zpak but treatment has to be started early .. now Ivermectin/zinc/doxycycline has taken over due to ivermectin's ability to treat C-19 in later stages down to 50% O2 levels vs HCQ has to be started early and not effective during later stages, like say if lungs are filled with liquids.

if Trump was in charge, his people would be in communication with governor with the full resources of US government. odds are boots would be on the ground by next day or sooner. NG would be setting up warm tents, his team would be finding out and delivering resources to get those power plants backup, etc. etc. etc.

like Trump or not .. Trump flat gets things done!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C-19 is real but response is a total hoax. I've posted extensive actual evidence that backs that up in CDC admits deaths thread. a disease with a 99.9 survival rate .. NO way the country should be shut down. the cure cannot be worst than the ill.

Masks don't work, asymptomatic people cannot spread C-19. COVID-19 is easily treatable with several safe meds like HCQ/Zinc/Zpak but treatment has to be started early .. now Ivermectin/zinc/doxycycline has taken over due to ivermectin's ability to treat C-19 in later stages down to 50% O2 levels vs HCQ has to be started early and not effective during later stages, like say if lungs are filled with liquids.

if Trump was in charge, his people would be in communication with governor with the full resources of US government. odds are boots would be on the ground by next day or sooner. NG would be setting up warm tents, his team would be finding out and delivering resources to get those power plants backup, etc. etc. etc.

like Trump or not .. Trump flat gets things done!
Don't worry pudding --- remember, I already said you were right. 100%. In fact, you should run for office --- I want someone so right on the ballot to vote for.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry pudding --- remember, I already said you were right. 100%. In fact, you should run for office --- I want someone so right on the ballot to vote for.

WTF Is This **** In Texas.....

Texas has seen no help from fema or red cross. Not one ****ing ounce of help. We are Freezing, We have No Water, No Power, No Internet. Grocery Stores are empty, cant find anything.

Now This Story Comes Out On Our Local Fake News.... https://abc13.com/weather/fema-sending-60-generators-to-texas-amid-power-outages-/10349070/... But if you read story it seems like they are more worried about vaccine spots. This is now going on 5 days and they are talking of sending food and water and supplies and Generators... Wtf where the hell has all this **** been... Still Have Not Seen Anything.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Politicians would love for us to believe this is an weather anomaly but that's complete ********. The anomaly is the complete incompetency of electrical providers. I've lived in South Texas my entire life and we have NEVER lost power this long except during a hurricane. We've had freezing weather colder than this back in 2017, 1989... Source: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/winter-storms-tx/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wind Turbine Graveyard.jpg

Wind Turbine Blades Can't Be Recycled

"A wind turbine’s blades can be longer than a Boeing 747 wing, so at the end of their lifespan they can’t just be hauled away. First, you need to saw through the lissome fiberglass using a diamond-encrusted industrial saw to create three pieces small enough to be strapped to a tractor-trailer.

The municipal landfill in Casper, Wyoming, is the final resting place of 870 blades whose days making renewable energy have come to end. The severed fragments look like bleached whale bones nestled against one another.

“That’s the end of it for this winter,” said waste technician Michael Bratvold, watching a bulldozer bury them forever in sand. “We’ll get the rest when the weather breaks this spring.”

Tens of thousands of aging blades are coming down from steel towers around the world and most have nowhere to go but landfills. In the U.S. alone, about 8,000 will be removed in each of the next four years. Europe, which has been dealing with the problem longer, has about 3,800 coming down annually through at least 2022, according to BloombergNEF. It’s going to get worse: Most were built more than a decade ago, when installations were less than a fifth of what they are now."

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 194064
Tens of thousands of aging blades are coming down from steel towers around the world and most have nowhere to go but landfills. In the U.S. alone, about 8,000 will be removed in each of the next four years. Europe, which has been dealing with the problem longer, has about 3,800 coming down annually through at least 2022, according to BloombergNEF. It’s going to get worse: Most were built more than a decade ago, when installations were less than a fifth of what they are now."
I guess ya might build a log... er... blade cabin with 'em. Or something.

Affordable housing and all that jazz...
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom