Handguards/Rail Systems ? Free Float? and why so much $$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically the lighter the design while maintaining strength plus ergonomics and attachment system will result in a more expensive handguard. Finishing touches like slightly rounding or beveling the cut slots or rails will also add to the cost.

Right now, the best free float hand guards for the money are the ALG Defense handguards. They combine a strong design, with a user serviceable design and barrel nut system at a price point that is very hard to beat. Other companies would charge double this price.
http://algdefense.com/rails.html

There are lighter and / or stronger designs but cost more money. It's hard to find a better rail (specific needs aside) than these especially for the cost.

ALG is owned by Bill Geissele's (Geissele Triggers) wife.

As for Troy products. I'm done with Troy. As long as Dale Monroe (Look him up and also Ruby Ridge) is employed by them I won't spend another dime on their products.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to do it myself but I don't have the tools to do it so I have to take it to a gunsmith. I have decided against the MI rail and am now going to get the Samson evolution rail. It is $159 and looks pretty darn easy to install once my front sight post and delta ring is removed. But like I said, I don't have the tools to do it. Plus I am an idiot with stuff like that. I would probably break something. http://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merch...uct_Code=Evolution-11&Category_Code=EVOLUTION It says the front sight base doesn't need to be removed but it isn't talking about the standard front sight. I would have to also get a low pro gas block.

I've been using the Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS rails on three of my rifles and love them but you'll be happy with the Samson rail. If you want help installing it, I'm on the complete opposite side of OKC but I have all the tools and can help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom