Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I lived where I could just go outside to shoot...well, without SWAT teams showing up I mean.

Move to Mid/Del... You can shoot anywhere over there without fear of po-po.

Only time I ever saw police show up to shots fired was at the Del City McDonalds, it was packed after the MWC/Del City high school football game 2010... Tons of people poured out, cops **** that block down, cats searches, m-4'd to the teeth... Four kids shot, no arrests, never made the news.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

We'll check it right here in a jiffy!

[Broken External Image]

I bought this used. It is made by Cobra Arms, which bought out infamous Davis Arms. While I also have one of the notorious Davis derringers, this Cobra is better. The safety works, and did not fall out after shooting, like it did on my Davis. The trigger pull is about a thousand percent better on the Cobra, than the Davis. And this Cobra also has a three and a half inch barrel. It is in .38 Special. Not P, but just Special. I've been running Federal Premium Low Recoil Personal Defense rounds through it.

[Broken External Image]

Propitiously, the parts for the Davis match up with the Cobra, so I have a parts gun, too boot.

Edit: If I ever happen to see a Bond Arms derringer at Top Dollar Pawn, I'll buy it in a New York second.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Derringers are different, and can be dangerous to the shooter; you must have it on half cock, with the safety engaged.
[Broken External Image]

Here, I'm engaging the safety while it's on half cock.

Edit: What I read online is that Bond Arms derringers have modernized the derringer concept to a higher safety level, and that the gun won't detonate the round if it is loaded up and closed without being on half cock.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a size comparison, this is how it compares against my bulldog.

How do you like the Bulldog? Is it a pretty good shooter? I almost picked one up, but after handling it for a while, the fit/finish/trigger were just blowing my red flags. I hear their built like brick houses, but I'd like to read an honest review.

Latest posts

Top Bottom