Harbor Freight "Fortress" Air Compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0bserver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up the smaller model a few years ago. It lasted a couple then sprung a leak in one of the lines. I was able to super-glue it back since they didn't have any spare parts for it. Still works!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up the smaller model a few years ago. It lasted a couple then sprung a leak in one of the lines. I was able to super-glue it back since they didn't have any spare parts for it. Still works!

The pictures don't show them but this model has braided stainless steel lines.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF it is something you will use on a regular basis, the 2 year "no questions" warranty , is a worthwhile purchase.

I normally refuse purchase of any warranty. The HF warranties are reasonably priced. Son bought a generator (8500W). We use generator around the barn, a lot. It lasted 6 months. "No questions", got a new one. It made it almost year. "No questions", got a new one. Just over a year, "no questions", got a new one. They no longer had the 8500W and replaced it with a 9000W. 4 years and running strong. Ran for 2 weeks solid in July, after storm took out power lines.

Bought the 6 1/2 gal compressor, to operate nail gun. Yes, I got the 2 year warranty. It quit at 22 months. "No questions" 4 years and going strong, but LOUD.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's the 10 gallon Fortress holding up after nearly a year?

My nearly 30 year old Devilbiss 20 gal, 5 hp isn't working well. I was looking at California Air Tool quiet compressors but the Fortress seem to be competitive for a little less money.

Stopped at HF tonight to get eyes on them. The 26 gallon would be nice, but I'm not sure it worth $110 more than the 10 gallon. CFM is barely less than the 26.and it's more portable.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@rawhide Solid as a rock after a year. And it holds air forever. I know it should be drained, but I wanted to see how long it would hold pressure without being used. A little over 4 weeks and the gauge never moved. I had to use it or no telling how long it would've held.

You could do a lot worse than this one.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@rawhide Solid as a rock after a year. And it holds air forever. I know it should be drained, but I wanted to see how long it would hold pressure without being used. A little over 4 weeks and the gauge never moved. I had to use it or no telling how long it would've held.

You could do a lot worse than this one.
Thanks for the reply. I'm still undecided, but with the cfm barely more and not really high enough (4.5) to do serious work, the 26 gallon doesn't have a huge advantage.

I'm going to research some other options, but I really don't want to commit the funds that it may take.

Latest posts

Top Bottom