Harley Davidson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Stillwater (Forman HD) and ask for Lynn. Tell her I sent you and that I said for her to take care of you. I'd also look at the Dyna line. They are much more comfortable than the softails (misnomer). But if you like the heritage go for it.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always check out Action Toys in Tulsa for a used bike which they usually pick-up in the Dallas auction. You could also check Craigslist, Cycle Trader, or Ebay for a 2007 or newer (96 ci / 6speed) with low mileage and extra accessories for thousands less than new. I agree that Bartlesville has cheaper prices than Myers-Duren or Route 66 in Tulsa.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Stillwater (Forman HD) and ask for Lynn. Tell her I sent you and that I said for her to take care of you. I'd also look at the Dyna line. They are much more comfortable than the softails (misnomer). But if you like the heritage go for it.

Thanks Dustin, I may take you up on that. I don't know anything about the Dyna line yet. The Softail classic, look and design was the only one they had in the showroom that kinda jumped out at me.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2006 I went electra glide shopping to replace my road king. The best prices I saw were at foreman in stillwater and duram in tulsa. I bought from foreman's. At the time fort thunder was called something else and was the highest in the state. Couldn't figure out how they sold so many. Maybe things are different now.

It was originally called Bryans Harley Davidson.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my last Harley from baresville hd paid less than msrp, I talked to all the other dealers and b ville was the cheapest, ft thunder pissed me off and I walked away from them. If you really want to buy locally then call b ville and get a price, then go to ft thunder and tell them you can get it cheaper at b ville they will come down.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Dustin, I may take you up on that. I don't know anything about the Dyna line yet. The Softail classic, look and design was the only one they had in the showroom that kinda jumped out at me.

Of course this is free advice so it may be worth only what you're paying for it. You may want to take a little time and ask yourself what you'll be doing with the bake. If you'll be a solo rider and only riding around town then any harley will do. If you'll have the occasional passenger and doing some miles here and there on the interstate you'll be better off with the dyna or softail with a bigger pillion pad or any electra glide. If you want to spend the day riding to another state and will often have a passenger you can't beat the electra glide. If you passenger isn't too picky the heritage will do well too.

I like the electra glides because I like longer rides, often have my wife with me and I like the better handling compared to the other bigger harleys. Around town cornering and in parking lot/gas pump type environments the elctra glide handles very well.

Truth be told, if I ever move away from the longer rides I'll likely drop down to the heritage.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was originally called Bryans Harley Davidson.

Yep. It was Harley-Davidson of Oklahoma (otherwise known as Ivan's) before then, and was on S. Agnew, that to be confused with Harley-Davidson World, which was Parr's Harley-Davidson, and before that, Maxey's (not Dan Maxey, but his father. I think they were on Classen). One of the two (I can't remember which) came from Barney Fudge Harley-Davidson, which was downtown, and the first Harley dealership in Oklahoma.

I worked for Roger Bryan for a year and a half. What an unpleasant experience. I worked at Harley World for many years, though not at the new place. They took care of me for some time when I got really sick for a long while. I'd recommend them locally, and Tommy Forman (what Dustin said) outside of town.

The Softail looks cool, but you can go many more comfortable miles on an FL rubber mount. The Dyna is okay too, but the FL mount system is a design that evolved from the FXR (long gone) system, and is FAR superior. I have had both. Nothing wrong with the Softtail, just not as smooth, snappy, or quick handling as the FLHT chassis.

That's my input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom