Harry's Razors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the math. I'll use around 32 razors a year. Buying the Mach 3 at Walmart will cost me around $75/yr after tax. Harrys will cost me $64. $11? Really? That's it? Why bother?

Even using Feather blades (one of the more expensive brands), a double-edge would cost you about $6.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand all this stuff about fancy shaving creams, gels and razors...I got whiskers like barb wire, and I just use whatever crap I happen to pick up to scrape them off my mug. Shaving is just another thing I do, kinda like brushing my fangs, it's sure not an "experience" of some kind to me. Maybe if I indulged myself I'd like it? Nah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand all this stuff about fancy shaving creams, gels and razors...I got whiskers like barb wire, and I just use whatever crap I happen to pick up to scrape them off my mug. Shaving is just another thing I do, kinda like brushing my fangs, it's sure not an "experience" of some kind to me. Maybe if I indulged myself I'd like it? Nah.

some people are just into pain...

it doesn't have to be an 'experience' but it also doesn't have to be a chore. The big thing for me was an increase in comfort when i moved to wet shaving. I wouldn't call it 'fancy' but i use a good soap, brush and feather blades. The combination makes it so i don't get razor burn like i did with 5-blade marketing crap.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not what I'd call painful to shave; it's more of a pain in the butt.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it doesn't have to be an 'experience' but it also doesn't have to be a chore. The big thing for me was an increase in comfort when i moved to wet shaving. I wouldn't call it 'fancy' but i use a good soap, brush and feather blades. The combination makes it so i don't get razor burn like i did with 5-blade marketing crap.
Same here. I'm not into having 'product' in my life, but have accepted it into my morning shave because it really works. I use the same soap on my ass and my hair, I don't get a new toothbrush unless my wife tosses mine, and lotion has no place in my bathroom. Having a thick beard and sensitive, in-grown hair-prone skin makes the 'kit' mentioned previously worth it. it's also more comfortable, so i don't dread the am shave.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the math. I'll use around 32 razors a year. Buying the Mach 3 at Walmart will cost me around $75/yr after tax. Harrys will cost me $64. $11? Really? That's it? Why bother?

Mach 3 turbo blades run $2.72. That's if you buy the 10 pack. Add tax and you're looking at $3/blade. Depending on the quantity you buy, Harry's are as low as 1.65 per blade. That's 1.35 per blade difference. $43 per year saved if you buy 32 blades per year. That's enough for a box of .22.

To me, the Harry's shave better than the Gilettes and their shaving cream is really good. YMMV.

Mr. Bsa

Marksman
Reaction score
I do around 32 blades a year so harrys is $2 per blade. I do the 15 pack of Mach 3 which is $2.40 a blade after tax. .40 X 32 blades = $12.80 per year. Just not really as big a difference as everyone makes it out to be. At least for someone that uses less than 40 blades a year anyway. Now, Dollar shave club is a different story. They'll do 4 blades a month for $6. I'll do it for around 8 months (32 blades) and then cancel. $6/month X 8 months = $48. Now, that's $30 a year. I think I'll go that route.
And no, I don't work for Dollar Shave Club. Ha!

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do around 32 blades a year so harrys is $2 per blade. I do the 15 pack of Mach 3 which is $2.40 a blade after tax. .40 X 32 blades = $12.80 per year. Just not really as big a difference as everyone makes it out to be. At least for someone that uses less than 40 blades a year anyway. Now, Dollar shave club is a different story. They'll do 4 blades a month for $6. I'll do it for around 8 months (32 blades) and then cancel. $6/month X 8 months = $48. Now, that's $30 a year. I think I'll go that route.
And no, I don't work for Dollar Shave Club. Ha!

If you buy a 16 pack of Harry's, the blades are $1.75 each. There's no need to subscribe, just buy blades when you run out. .65(savings per blade over Mach 3) * 32 = $20.8.

The big savings everyone trumpets come when you compare the blades to more expensive blades like Mach 3 turbo that are around $2.72 each or Fusion that are more than $3 each.

To each their own

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you buy a 16 pack of Harry's, the blades are $1.75 each. There's no need to subscribe, just buy blades when you run out. .65(savings per blade over Mach 3) * 32 = $20.8.

The big savings everyone trumpets come when you compare the blades to more expensive blades like Mach 3 turbo that are around $2.72 each or Fusion that are more than $3 each.

To each their own

I thought their razors were decent until they took large chunks of skin out of my face, I'd rather pay $3 a blade for something I know isn't going to do that.

The fact that Harry's wanted me to agree to a release before they would make it right tells me they know they have an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom